No matter how nice we try to put things, there is no denying that life is a battle. Everyday is a struggle.
However, with every struggle is a blessing. We are blessed to be alive and given the chance to make changes everyday.
People say, “live your life to the fullest”; I am here to do just that.
Hi, My name is Nadrah and this is my story.
I'm a daughter, a sister, a granddaughter, a cousin, a friend, a wife and a mother but most of all, I will always be a little girl at heart.
This blog is about my life and how I try to live it to the fullest while keeping it well balanced.

Thursday 8 December 2011

Volkswagen Cergaz Autohaus, Taman Tun Dr Ismail

The first impression set by the name Volkswagen gives you the idea of an international, reliable and trusted brand for vehicles. Unfortunately, it is not quite the same for this particular Volkswagen Center.

Working in a customer service line for 2 years has taught me that customers are important. In business, you need customers to survive. Living in this competitive world, every customer counts. With good service comes compliments. With bad, comes complaint. Complaints don't necessarily mean bad. If you attend to them correctly, 90% chances are that they will come back and do business with you. In Customer Relation Management, we learn that customers who complaint actually gives you the chance to correct your mistakes. So, really complainers are really not that bad. But, if you don't treat them nicely, they will tell at least 10 person (who i believe will pass the word around).

It all started with my first visit there with my parents. The salesperson took a look at us from head to toe and didn't really pay that much attention to us. Even when we enquired about the car, he was not in the mood to entertain us. The salesperson was very arrogant and stuck up that my parents decided to head back home.

Then, they tried their luck at Volkswagen Federal Auto. Suprisingly, the salesperson there, Liz, was very kind to us. She gave us one of the utmost dedicated service that my parents bought a car from her. Kudos to her for the excellent service.

I was very happy with my car until an unfortunate event took place during deepavali. My turbo charger was spoilt and i had to send it for repair. Considering that Volkswagen Cergas Auto was the nearest, i decided to give it a try. Initially, they told me that the parts were not available and i had to wait for a week. I was cool with that but after almost 2 weeks, i still have not received a call from them. I then gave them a call only to be told that the car was ready a few days ago. Weird. How come there wasn't any service to inform the customer that the car was restored. I didn't think much then and just went to collect my car.

Upon collection, i was told by the personnel), that there will be a valve upgrade. Once the stock arrived, he will give me a call to make an appointment. He kept his word and an appointment was made for the so-called upgrade on the 25th November. When i asked for the details of the upgrade, they just informed me that all services covered by warranty will not be recorded on paper. It will only be kept in the system.

Correct me if I'm wrong, even perodua, a local manufacturer, produces a service note even when a car is covered by warranty. Don't tell me an international manufacturer like Volkswagen doesn't. According to the ISO, every transaction has to be recorded. Or does Volkswagen not practise ISO? So, i called Volkswagen's customer service. Upon my complaint, i was promised details on what actually happen to my car sent to me on soft copy via e-mail.

Guess what i got?

Dear Nadra,

We had replace turbo unit on 25th Nov 2011 as a solution for the defect
that happened at your vehicle. This part was replaced under manufactured
warranty.

Thanks & Regards,
Service Advisor

Then i replied....

Hi Service Advisor,

My car broke down on Deepavali (end of OCT 2011) and was released to
me about 2 weeks later (12th Nov). Upon the release, one of your techs
informed me that my car was fully restored plus a valve upgrade (done
for all VW Polo) will take place once the parts arrived (the next week
or the week after). Kindly infrom me wether the valve upgrade is the
only mechanical defect in my car? Please release the information as
the full service report was promised by one of your Customer Service
Representative. If there are no such report exists, I will be forced
to log a formal complaint on the service I received for my car in
Taman Tun Branch.

Thank you

Regards,
Nadrah

He eventually replied my e-mail with a better response...

Dear Ms Nadra,

Good day to you.

Kindly please refer to attachment herewith the service report as per your
requested.

If you need any more information of the car please don't feel hesitate to
contact me.

Thank you for your support.

Thanks & regards,
Service Advisor

Sad to say, there was nothing about an upgrade there. I replied the e-mail asking about the upgrade and still have not received a response from them since the last communication in the end of November. I still don't know what really happen to my car. Was there really an upgrade or was it a recall? It's OK if it's a recall. It only proves that Volkswagen takes full responsibility for their mistakes. But the highlight of the matter is the service from Cergaz Autohaus is disappointing. Forgive my ramblings. I'm just one very dissatisfied customer.

No comments:

Post a Comment