No matter how nice we try to put things, there is no denying that life is a battle. Everyday is a struggle.
However, with every struggle is a blessing. We are blessed to be alive and given the chance to make changes everyday.
People say, “live your life to the fullest”; I am here to do just that.
Hi, My name is Nadrah and this is my story.
I'm a daughter, a sister, a granddaughter, a cousin, a friend, a wife and a mother but most of all, I will always be a little girl at heart.
This blog is about my life and how I try to live it to the fullest while keeping it well balanced.

Tuesday 3 January 2012

Something to Share

Last 30th December marks one year of my late cousin, KakB's passing. Her husband, Steve wrote one of the most touching post on her facebook wall and I thought of sharing:

Since that moment a year ago I have struggled to live without you in my life every day. Each time I dreamed about you it has been a nightmare. I would say something like, "You're not really here" or "You can't be here" and then I would start to panic because I knew that you were leaving and then the dream would end. I would wake up sweating and scared and sad.

As I fought with my mind and emotions to deal with the pain, I also pushed you away.

A couple of weeks ago you visited my dream again. Instead of panicking I asked you "where are you?" You said to me, "I'm here." And then you smiled and I hugged you. And that was it. The dream ended.

I now realize that you aren't really gone. You are in our house. You're in our children's faces and smiles and laughs and personality. You are in our friends and our family. You're in my memories, my hopes and dreams. And you are and will always be in my heart until death and beyond.

Until we are united again in the next life, I will keep my memories of you close. You will be part of every decision I make and I will try to be the man you chose to be your husband and the father of our children. They will never forget who their Mama is.

Hold Ash close and let him know how much his Daddy looks forward to seeing him again. 

Al-Fatihah 

No comments:

Post a Comment