No matter how nice we try to put things, there is no denying that life is a battle. Everyday is a struggle.
However, with every struggle is a blessing. We are blessed to be alive and given the chance to make changes everyday.
People say, “live your life to the fullest”; I am here to do just that.
Hi, My name is Nadrah and this is my story.
I'm a daughter, a sister, a granddaughter, a cousin, a friend, a wife and a mother but most of all, I will always be a little girl at heart.
This blog is about my life and how I try to live it to the fullest while keeping it well balanced.

Monday 16 January 2012

Zumba Party @ Sole to Soul on the 15th January 2012

I've always wanted to try Zumba. Celebrity fitness in One Utama (the gym where i go to), only have one Ritmo Zum (modified Zumba class) on Friday mornings (very inconvenient since I'm working). So, when I saw the add on Sole to Soul (S2S)'s Facebook page, I got very excited and quickly called Fiza.

The ad on facebook:

*** 90 MINS ZUMBA® PARTY - 15 JANUARY 2012 (SUNDAY) ***

YOU are invited to MALAYSIA's 1st Zumba® Toning & Zumba Fitness® 90mins Party at SOLE TO SOUL DANCE STUDIO - 45mins Zumba® Toning followed by another 45mins Zumba Fitness® !!!

IMPORTANT INFO >>>

Date: 15 January 2012 (Sunday)

Time: 10:30am to 12:00pm (Registration Opens at 10:00am)

Fees:
- RM30 for New students
- RM15 for existing STSDS students

Pre-booking is required. Space is limited to the first 40 registered dancers. Contact 012-222 3700 or email to soletosouldance@gmail.com

Bring/Wear:
- Comfortable sports/dance wear (make sure its COLOURFUL).
- Preferably Zumbawear :P
- Water bottle (filled with water of course)
- Towel
- Extra change of clothes (this is for the drive home)

Still have no idea what is Zumba® Toning? then you better CHECK THIS OUT:

http://soletosouldance.blogspot.com/
http://www.zumba.com/toning

Fiza too got excited but had to bail at the very last minute due to work responsibilities. So, I went there with Hana instead. 

The Zumba Party started at 10.30 am with 45 minutes of Zumba toning. We were each given 2 pieces of 1-pound toning stick. These sticks are very much like maracas. They may seem light at first but after zumba-ing 15 minutes with it, you can feel your muscles at your arm working really hard. The instructor said the toning is best done first before the cardio fitness as the toning workout will take place when you have the most energy (better posture too). After 45 minutes, the party was continued with Zumba fitness. Latin fusion songs like Shake Senora (which instantly reminded me of beetlejuice) were used for the workout. In half an hour, I was already drenched in sweat but the instructor, crowd and the beat of the songs kept me highly motivated to keep going. I would conclude that it is a very interesting workout and I had a lot of fun. If you are looking for a fun workout, I would suggest Zumba and Sole to Soul has classes on Friday nights and Saturday mornings. They will most prolly open up more classes in February. My sister and I will most prolly be joining it sometime in or after February. :P

Picture by Emerson Soo on Sole to Soul Facebook Page with all of the high spirited people who had lots of fun breaking sweat with Zumba.
Can you find me in the picture? Too bad Hana was hiding so far that the back that she wasn't in the picture.
After the party, a girl approached me saying that I look familiar. One thing about me is that I really have a poor memory. I couldn't recall the girl at all. She introduced herself as Edura and remembered my name starting with the letter "N". "Nadira", she said. Gulp! That's very close to Nadrah. I felt so guilty for not knowing who she was. She explained that she might have known me through "Omar Baharum" and she was away for 10 years. I tried really hard to recall who she was and have a feeling that she's one of my nephew, Hazim's friend from Hartamas whom I befriended during my days going for tuition at Bukit Damansara. 

Anyway, that's all for my entry on the Zumba Party. I had so much fun and I'm looking forward to join the class with my sister soon. You should too! :p

No comments:

Post a Comment