No matter how nice we try to put things, there is no denying that life is a battle. Everyday is a struggle.
However, with every struggle is a blessing. We are blessed to be alive and given the chance to make changes everyday.
People say, “live your life to the fullest”; I am here to do just that.
Hi, My name is Nadrah and this is my story.
I'm a daughter, a sister, a granddaughter, a cousin, a friend, a wife and a mother but most of all, I will always be a little girl at heart.
This blog is about my life and how I try to live it to the fullest while keeping it well balanced.

Sunday 26 August 2012

Fay Hokulani

I've always had a problem with my self-esteem. I most oftenly envy people like Vivy Sofinas a.k.a. Proudduck for looking as good as she does without having to battle with her weight. Eventho we always see her complain about putting on weight, we barely see her flaunting a chubby look. She may be a figure to look up to with her ability in business and fashion sense but for physical wise, I wouldn't really take her as an inspiration. She's gifted with all the good looks, petite frame and slim face. Now, when Adrian, my colleague, told me about Fay Hokulani, I was like asking who she is. All I know is that she is a radio deejay. Adrian told me to check out her pictures on Google and honestly, I have to agree that she looks awesome. I thought that she's just another one of those girls who is gifted just like Vivy but to my surprise, she's not. 


After reading her blog, I found out that she too used to be chubby. Her post on her highest and lowest weight just inspires me. She lost so much weight and looked as good as she does not. She actually worked hard to get where she is. Most importantly, it is not about being thin, what matters is being fit, healthy and strong.

 
So really girls, if you are chubby, it is not impossible for you to lose weight. I'm pretty much motivated to go through this transformation and signed up for the HP Shape UP challenged organized by my company. My plans may have delayed a little and had a huge bump due to the EID Mubarak celebration but I'm glad to say that I am still highly motivated and have slowly started my routine. I've started hitting the gym last Saturday and went for a short morning run with hubster yesterday morning. 

 

Changing to a healthier lifestyle is more like getting rid of a bad habit. You may be determined at first, after awhile, the possibility of falling out is still there. Knowing how much I need the motivation to keep going, my ever supportive husband got me a sports bra that looks almost like the one Fay's wearing in the picture above and a cute t-shirt from Adidas. If you need motivation to be fit, fitness advice and even healthy recipes, you should read Fay Hokulani's blog at http://www.withlovefay.com.
Treat from my ever supportive husbter!

No comments:

Post a Comment