No matter how nice we try to put things, there is no denying that life is a battle. Everyday is a struggle.
However, with every struggle is a blessing. We are blessed to be alive and given the chance to make changes everyday.
People say, “live your life to the fullest”; I am here to do just that.
Hi, My name is Nadrah and this is my story.
I'm a daughter, a sister, a granddaughter, a cousin, a friend, a wife and a mother but most of all, I will always be a little girl at heart.
This blog is about my life and how I try to live it to the fullest while keeping it well balanced.

Friday 24 August 2012

Selamat Hari Raya!!!

Selamat Hari Raya!!! 
Happy EID Mubarak Everyone! 

Firstly, I would like to apologize for all the wrongdoings I've done.  Over the past year, I went through a lot of things that made me wiser (I hope). There were some bad experience and some were good. Like I once said previously, it is not about what mistakes we made but more of what we gain from the mistakes. Along the way (as we live life as we call it), we make mistakes in order to learn valuable lesson, people also get hurt. My sincerest apology. However, if you do not mind, I do not wish to dwell on it for so long and wish to move on. I refused to be stuck in the same position for so long. There are so many lessons to learn and experience to gain in this life. :) Maaf Zahir Batin ek......

 Last year, I was single (went through a rough patch with hubster before realizing that we pretty much can't live without each other and got married), I was off to Cameron Highlands by the second day and have a mini getaway with family and close friends. It has always been like that for me. My mom will be busy with food orders that our raya is normally just that raya morning when we will wait for my father's return from his prayers, ask for forgiveness, took family photos and visit my aunt's place in Shah Alam before heading back home for afternoon nap. The next day, we were off for a 3D2N getaway. 
A picture of me last year with my 2 favorite nieces cousins. I was pretty thin then and looked pretty awesome, right? Ok, maybe not. :P

This year, however, I'm married to the one who is meant to be my leader and companion in the present and hereafter. Things are very much different as we go through the challenges of celebrating our first Raya together trying to juggle for families(his and mine)' needs. His family has always been very festive when it comes to EID Mubarak celebration so I made way for his family's traditions.

Our Raya started with a small prayer get together at his late grandmother's place in Kg Baru where his uncle gave a short Tazkirah about the blessings of ramadhan and Syawal (the month when we celebrate EID mubarak). Then he was off for his prayers. I was always taught that we started asking for forgiveness after the prayers but it is not the same for his family. They start as early as they woke up. FIL told me that they even once started their Raya at 5.30 in the morning. That's something for us to adjust. About 9 something, after prayers, we headed back to my parents' house in Taman Tun Dr Ismail where we had another meal.  Shortly after, we had to make a move to husband's house before heading to YongPeng. Now, here's where it all started. To summarize it:

First Day: Tmn Tun->Kg Baru->Tmn Tun->Kelana Jaya->YongPeng->Johor Bahru->YongPeng.
Second Day: YongPeng->Labis->YongPeng->Kelana Jaya->Ulu Klang->Kelana Jaya
Third Day: ..... urm.. urm...this is so hard to map out but basically we visited 11 houses in 12 hours.. 

Yes, you read it right. 11 HOUSES!!!!! What I learn from them is that it is rude to tell the host how many houses we went to before theirs and we have to eat at each and every one of the house as if it is the first house we visit. Imagine how bloated I was by the end of the day. By that night, we were all totally flat out and couldn't eat anything else. LOL!

I have to admit that I do feel sad that I didn't get to spend much time with my family during the first day of Raya (that's the most important part of Raya for my family). My husband assured me that this is just a trial error period. We will learn from our mistakes and hope for a better celebration next year. Looking back through the whole experience, there is so much to be thankful for and I feel blessed.

Selamat Hari Raya!!! From Hubster's thumbs up, me and TAMA. A picture taken before our trip to Yong Peng.Yerp! I was flaunting a slightly more prosperous look.. ahaks! In other words, I gained a lot of weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment