No matter how nice we try to put things, there is no denying that life is a battle. Everyday is a struggle.
However, with every struggle is a blessing. We are blessed to be alive and given the chance to make changes everyday.
People say, “live your life to the fullest”; I am here to do just that.
Hi, My name is Nadrah and this is my story.
I'm a daughter, a sister, a granddaughter, a cousin, a friend, a wife and a mother but most of all, I will always be a little girl at heart.
This blog is about my life and how I try to live it to the fullest while keeping it well balanced.

Thursday 21 March 2013

Introduction to Little Pea a.k.a. Chicarito

I’ve been wanting to write this post up last week but my everyday chores has been time consuming. Both Hubster and I have moved into our new place in Cyberjaya. It’s just a small little crib but equipped with everything that we love. The best part of it is that it is just about 5 minutes drive away from work. So much has happened since January but I wouldn’t want to accidentally spill the part where I am pregnant. Yes, I am now in my second trimester.

What was the first sign of pregnancy? Well, I had this sudden craving to have dim sum. But not just any dimsum. I wanted the dim sumwhich I went on my sister’s 30th birthday (I think). My mom arrangeda birthday surprise at Holiday Villa Chinese Restaurant but I still had theurge of having dim sum. I kept on remembering the dim sum I had for my sister’s 30th birthday. I went around asking if anyone remember where it wasbut no one remembered. I didn’t consider it as a sign. No one did except for my sister. She told me that if suddenly she has this urge of having dim sum, she will take a pregnancy test. I, of course ignored her and thought she was being ridiculous. 

My period was late but considering that I just came backfrom holiday, there might be some hormonal changes due to the change ofatmosphere. I kept it cool and continued my healthy routine. Yoga, SpinningClass and Body combat were some of the activities that I did. Then, my twins starts to swell a little more than usual. I thought it was just a sign that myperiod was coming but Hubster then advised that I take a pregnancy test (youknow just in case).

I remembered that night as if it was just yesterday. I was about to start my Jilian Micheals workout when I peed on the stick. After peeing on the stick, I continued with the usual warm up session and check itback after. I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw the result. I told Hubsterthat we’ll need to double confirm the result at the clinic. At that time, I was already slightly over 5 weeks! Surprise Surprise! Hubster kept saying, “Shouldhave bought the t-shirt which said ‘Made in Paris’”. Yes, I know how cliché it is to conceive a baby in the city of Love prolly right after watching the sunset at the Eiffel Tower and enjoying the most delicious macaroons from Laduree.But hey! We’re having a Baby!

The Stick that I peed on! GASP!
First Check Up at Dr Delaila Ahmad's Office SDMC
Chicarito's First Picture
I was always taught that it is not good to spread the newsout before the 2nd trimester as the 1st trimester is themost crucial part. In fact, I had a case of bleeding during my 1sttrimester and was asked to go on a strict bedrest for a week. Well, I was onlyon bedrest for like 2 days but after, I was pretty much up and about takingcare of my Hubster who had a knee surgery to repair his torn ACL and removehalf of his meniscus. But our little pea a.k.a. chicarito is a fighter and madeit through. Both Chicarito and I endured the pregnancy sickness (vomiting everynow and then+ not to mention the dizziness in the evenings) while taking careof Hubster. Of course there were times when both Hubster and I were both lying inpain. 

So yeah, things weren’t always sunny for us but Alhamdulillah,those days are over now. Hubster is now walking without support. Limping onceawhile still but the physio sessions are really helping. Owh, he can drive nowwhich helps a lot considering that I tend to get very tired. We decided to stayin Cyberjaya during pregnancy so that I wouldn’t have to travel 45 minutes towork. Travelling is a real bummer if you ask me. I will update more soon. My cousin, Hashir also wrote a post on Chicarito. Click here to go to the link.

Chicarito's Picture from our last check Up

No comments:

Post a Comment