No matter how nice we try to put things, there is no denying that life is a battle. Everyday is a struggle.
However, with every struggle is a blessing. We are blessed to be alive and given the chance to make changes everyday.
People say, “live your life to the fullest”; I am here to do just that.
Hi, My name is Nadrah and this is my story.
I'm a daughter, a sister, a granddaughter, a cousin, a friend, a wife and a mother but most of all, I will always be a little girl at heart.
This blog is about my life and how I try to live it to the fullest while keeping it well balanced.

Wednesday 8 May 2013

Something to Share

A useful article for my reference considering that I gained a little to much for now.  During my last check up, I found out that I gained 4 kgs already and the doctor was like, "Makan apa ni? Makan batu ke? You should only start gaining weight at your 24th week. During pregnancy about 10 kgs and after lose the 10 kgs. I've seen so many petite girls who ends up getting fat for not watching their weight during pregnancy. You shouldn't gain so much". Yes, those were the words from Dr Delilah Ahmad. Gasp! I can't help it you know. I'm so used to not eating that much rice and exercise regularly to remain fit and healthy. Nowadays, I'm hungry like all the time and I eat rice on daily basis. Also, I can't exercise much because of my bleeding episode. Even got this, "You had bleeding and want to go for pilates?!!!!" remark when I asked for permission to go for prenatal pilates. So, I'm pretty much restricted to walking and swimming. Hello hello! I've just officially turned from a dolphin to a manatee. If you are pregnant and facing the same problem as I am, enjoy reading the article below:

How to Lose Weight Safely During Pregnancy

While some pregnant women don't show so much as a bump until midway through their pregnancies, many others seem to gain weight continually for nine months straight. While it's generally accepted that you'll gain significant weight while pregnant, avoiding excessive gains can guard against complications while giving birth, according to a study by Ludwig-Maximilians University of Munich in Germany.
At the same time, losing too much weight can lead to low birth weight, so consult your doctor about how much weight you can lose if you've been packing on the pounds during pregnancy.

Step 1

Swim regularly. Swimming is a top exercise choice for pregnant women because it's low-impact and doesn't require you to bear any sort of extra weight. You may, however, want to swim in heated pools only. A 2005 study published in the "International Journal of Sport Nutrition" found that subjects who swam in cold pools had significantly higher post-workout appetites than those who waded in warm water.

Step 2

Take a walk. It can be done virtually anywhere at any time and like swimming, walking is a quality workout option for pregnant women because it's not jarring and doesn't cause body temperature to spike to unhealthy levels. According to a 2005 study performed at Sweden's Malmö University Hospital, low-impact aerobic exercises such as walking also don't cause pregnant women's heart rates to elevate past the 70 percent of maximum-rate threshold for danger.

Step 3

Sleep it off. No, you won't shed dozens of pounds by sleeping all day, but the lack of sufficient sleep may cause you to gain weight. A University of Chicago study found that people who don't get enough sleep not only produce fewer hormones that make you feel fuller, but they also produce more hormones that result in the feeling of being hungry.
This carries dual benefits, as you should already be getting extra rest while pregnant.

Step 4

Eat healthy and avoid processed foods. While you may not always be able to resist the cravings that typically come with being pregnant, don't use your pregnancy as a license to gorge. Continue to eat sufficient levels of calories, protein, fat and other elements of a healthy diet, but avoid feasting on foods high in saturated fats, such as ice cream and fast food. Because you're likely to be more sedentary when you are pregnant than you were previously, limiting such foods will keep some poundage off.

No comments:

Post a Comment