No matter how nice we try to put things, there is no denying that life is a battle. Everyday is a struggle.
However, with every struggle is a blessing. We are blessed to be alive and given the chance to make changes everyday.
People say, “live your life to the fullest”; I am here to do just that.
Hi, My name is Nadrah and this is my story.
I'm a daughter, a sister, a granddaughter, a cousin, a friend, a wife and a mother but most of all, I will always be a little girl at heart.
This blog is about my life and how I try to live it to the fullest while keeping it well balanced.

Wednesday 15 May 2013

Bloated and Unproductive

Lately, I'm beginning to be a lazy old prune. OK fine. I'm definitely not a prune. Balloon is more like it considering that I'm swelling up of water retention. I feel so unproductive lately and I haven't bought any of my baby's necessities just yet. We've just 3 months to shop. Sure that would seem like a great deal of time. But it really is not considering that we can't exactly buy everything at once. Baby stuff are quite costly you know. But really, being pregnant also means that I can't exactly glide as much as I used to. There is no such thing as moving gracefully when we are pregnant. I spend 5 days a week waking up, going to work, coming home, a little house chores (ok, fine... minimal house chores), clean myself up and I'm off to bed. So, when weekend finally comes, we've so many things to do but very little things were done because half way through, i'll either be too tired to do anything or too hot (the weather nowadays is a killer! Talk about Sahara with the highest level of humidity!).

Then, I took a glance to the nearest person to me... my husband. He has so many things in his schedule. Recovering from his surgery, he can now dance (stunts would prolly need 2 months or so for him to try). That only means that he is back to his original schedule which includes gym (4 times a week), dance training, dance practice (for an upcoming tournament on the 9th of June), physio once a week, field training, football match and work. Ok, I'm already hyperventilating just saying all those things. Hypnobirthing and Antenatal class will be added to the list pretty soon. Sigh! Honestly, I envy him for being able to be so productive.

Sigh! Honestly, I do feel like a manatee lately. I miss dressing up and being able to look good (not to mention feel good about myself). Maternity clothes are pretty expensive. Unless if you are like Vivy Yusof a.k.a.  Proudduck, you would prolly have that closet to compliment your look. Her look is what I would call "glowing". I, on the other hand, had to save quite a lot considering the amount of money needed for my husband's physio sessions and my expensive medication due to the case of "bleeding". If you are like me, you'll prolly end up with only 2 pants and have to rotate them one after another. I'm pretty unfortunate that I can't really fit into my sister's hand me downs. Honestly, I'm lucky that my mom was a lot of help by helping us buy quite a number of maternity clothes and also some oil to help me with the stretch marks. Nowadays, I hate what I see in the mirror. The only thing that keeps me sane is my Little Chica who is very much like a karate kid. I remembered this one night when Hubster joked about my weight gain and how round my face is now (to add it up, he had to tickle my double chin), I got very upset and cried in the shower. Chica then wouldn't stop moving just to remind me that I'm not alone. That was the first time I felt Chica move and boy was she active.

Chicarito is prolly the only thing that keeps me sane now. Yes, I would prolly end up with stretch marks and might never look as good as I did once before, at least this Little Angel will be around for me. FYI, Chicarito is quite a Karate kid. Even her father is shocked with how strong she can kick. As her Uncle Hashir say it, "Dia mesti pandai terajang orang" or in english, she can really kick ass! That's my baby. Just like her mom who loves body combat. Maybe that is reason why I keep having this urge to listen to Rocky and the Karate Kid's soundtrack. ;p Can't wait to see you Lil Chica!


No comments:

Post a Comment