No matter how nice we try to put things, there is no denying that life is a battle. Everyday is a struggle.
However, with every struggle is a blessing. We are blessed to be alive and given the chance to make changes everyday.
People say, “live your life to the fullest”; I am here to do just that.
Hi, My name is Nadrah and this is my story.
I'm a daughter, a sister, a granddaughter, a cousin, a friend, a wife and a mother but most of all, I will always be a little girl at heart.
This blog is about my life and how I try to live it to the fullest while keeping it well balanced.

Monday 16 September 2013

8 days down.. 32 more to go...

Believe it or not, Lil Chica is now 8 days old. We've been adjusting to our new roles as parents that time flies. My time management depends on my new boss's appetite. Another major thing about my new role is enduring my confinement period. 40 days to be exact since i delivered a girl. If i delivered a boy, it will be 44 days of confinement. On top of that, it will be 100 days of not 'sleeping' with your spouse and no ice (after the 40/44 days you can drink cold water but will still have to refrain from ice.. No idea why).

Some of the rules during confinement period:
a) Massage and hot stone treatment everyday during the confinement period (this part is my favorite. Though it can be painful but definitely worth it)
b) Not to wash (wet) hair everyday. The lesser the better. Thank god for the creation of dry shampoo. Fudge's dry shampoo is helping me with this a lot. 
c) Endure confinement diet (pretty much tasteless and heaty food that pretty much is the same) Sigh! Can't wait for it to be over
d) Wear the traditional corset called "bengkung".. This is my least favorite. The traditional corset's material causes my skin to itch. Yet, my mom is very persistent in getting me back in shape so she's making me wear them no matter what. Sigh! I'll prolly invest on a good pair of corset after this (prolly wacoal, cosway and spanx.. Those crony and premium beautiful is far from my budget) and of course workout like my life depends on it.
e) keep my legs together and take high fiber meals to ensure that the stiches heal well.. The high fiber portion is to help with my bowel movement to soften the stool. Yes, it can be too much information but that is one of the important part.
f) sauna-rized my attire.. Wear socks, jacket and all that even when it's hot.. This is also not my favorite part as it delays the healing process of my rash..
g) lifting or any kind of work is forbidden. I am only allowed to take care of my baby.. And during this confinement period, i get the help of the confinement lady to ease the burden.. This is not so bad. Since it is my first born, I'm still not all that confident with all the tasks. 

Well, the list goes on.. Apparently, during this confinement period is when there will be a whole lot of challenges to test us so that we will be able to adapt to our new roles better. We are blessed that Lil Chica behaves well. Quiet and able to sleep in by herself. She will only cry when she's hungry, when someone disturbs her sleep and change of environment. However, there's a slight change in behavior today. Normally, she will wake up at 6 in the morning and sleep after feeding. This time around, she woke ip at 5am and wouldn't sleep. She's even asking for people to comfort her. Not sure whether it is because her belly button is going to come off but whatever it is, all this things will definitely be worth it. Sigh! I can't wait for confinement to be over. 8 days down and 32 more to go...

By the way, say hello to my new boss 


1 comment: