No matter how nice we try to put things, there is no denying that life is a battle. Everyday is a struggle.
However, with every struggle is a blessing. We are blessed to be alive and given the chance to make changes everyday.
People say, “live your life to the fullest”; I am here to do just that.
Hi, My name is Nadrah and this is my story.
I'm a daughter, a sister, a granddaughter, a cousin, a friend, a wife and a mother but most of all, I will always be a little girl at heart.
This blog is about my life and how I try to live it to the fullest while keeping it well balanced.

Tuesday 26 November 2013

Should you splurge on a Corset?

Post pregnancy, I was approached by a few people to invest on corsets (shapewear) which is believed to help me get back in shape as well as help with my physical well-being (posture, blood flow). Phrases like FIR were introduced to me. I was told that these corsets will also help increase my metabolic rate. Now these corsets don't come cheap. They cost for an estimation from RM1000-RM5000. Honestly, I don't believe that anything comes easy and if something comes easy, it will go easily too. Determined to get back in shape, I started browsing Kevin Zahri's website and stumbled across this hot topic on corset. 


This was his response... 

Kevin Zahri says: Technically, mana2 korset bukanlah bakar lemak tapi ia “displaces” lemak. Maksudnya ia tolak lemak daripada bahagian perut ke atas dan ke bawak untuk ilusi bentuk badan yang lebih menawan. Pada masa yang sama, tekanan korset kepada organ/badan menyukarkan untuk makan berlebihan tetapi tekanan itu pada organ tidak selesa dan of course, tak bagus untuk jangsa masa panjang. Kalau korset untuk gabungkan infrared etc, itu “panaskan” kawasan di bawah korset (umpama sauna) yang akan tingkatkan metabolisme dan bakar kalori (tak semestinya lemak) extra. But again, probably taklah comfortable untuk dipakai for jangka masa berpanjangan. Nasihat saya: Kalau you have RM1000-RM2000 extra untuk dilaburkan kepada kesihatan diri … banyak benda lain yang saya syorkan kpd anda untuk kurangkan berat badan. Apa2 pun, yang paling penting adalah pemakanan dan gaya hidup keseluruh

an.

Well, he does have a point there. How can the corset be about health when it does not stretch and work your muscles nor does it give any cardiovascular benefits? 

Of course there was a defensive individual whom I believe is into the Premium Beautiful business who tried to justify that the corset is 70% for healthy and 30% for beauty. 

That justification was also shot down by this blog post: http://aididmuaddib.blogspot.com/2011/05/doctor-bloodyfool-dungu-piang-macam.html 

I have to admit, being vain, I would invest on a few shapewear to give the illusion of a better figure as compared to my unflattering post pregnancy figure. The most I'll go is to spend a few hundreds on a shapewear. Wacoal, spanx are comfortable and would last for years but they sure are expensive. Sure, I may still be in my 100 days confinement period when I can't exercise just yet but I'm not going to just on straight to something just to lose weight fast and easy. Looking back, thank god I did not buy any of those corset. LoL!

No comments:

Post a Comment