No matter how nice we try to put things, there is no denying that life is a battle. Everyday is a struggle.
However, with every struggle is a blessing. We are blessed to be alive and given the chance to make changes everyday.
People say, “live your life to the fullest”; I am here to do just that.
Hi, My name is Nadrah and this is my story.
I'm a daughter, a sister, a granddaughter, a cousin, a friend, a wife and a mother but most of all, I will always be a little girl at heart.
This blog is about my life and how I try to live it to the fullest while keeping it well balanced.

Tuesday 6 January 2015

Toothbrush in VaJayJay


The picture above is literally a picture captured on my front view. I' ve this so called love hate relationship with Starbucks ever since knowing that they've been funding the war. However, they have then given out a statement that they no longer / not contributing. Not sure what's going on behind closed doors but i really love their Caramel Macchiato and the fact that I can have it decaffed! So whatever it is, please do not judge or condemn me for choosing to dine here. 

FYI, i'm actually at Pantai Medical Center's Starbucks killing time while waiting for my appointment with Dr Idora for my long overdue annual papsmear. It was actually due on the 8th of November but I was away in Melbourne at that time. Events, Dr Idora taking a leave and waiting for a slot, here i am on the 29th December almost 2 months after my scheduled papsmear. If you are wondering what happens during papsmear, the Doctor will insert a small toothbrush (soft like cotton) like thingamajig into your hooha to lightly scrape some tissue from your cervix. This tissue will then be tested for cervical cancer. 


If you are a woman, it is highly recommended to take both papsmear and mammogram annually. However, since i'm still nursing, i've only adopted to annual papsmear (you cant have a mammogram if you are breastfeeding). I really don't think that there is anything to be afraid of. Maybe it's because I've such a kind and softspoken obgyn to go to that I dont mind waiting for hours for. However, i do recall my mom asking my aunt to accompany her for tests. So, I would suggest that if you are scared, it would be cool to have your besties to schedule their appointments around the same time. 

I've a number of family members who had to endure cancers. Some made it through and some didn't. If you are a single lady who is yet to be married, I would strongly suggest the HPV Vaccine shots. Ther's a total of 3 courses and you cannot get pregnant during that period of time and 6 months after. Remember that Prevention is better than Cure and Early Detection Saves Lives. Should God planned for to have cancer and passed on from it, it is good to know that you tried your best and fought hard till the end. 


No comments:

Post a Comment