No matter how nice we try to put things, there is no denying that life is a battle. Everyday is a struggle.
However, with every struggle is a blessing. We are blessed to be alive and given the chance to make changes everyday.
People say, “live your life to the fullest”; I am here to do just that.
Hi, My name is Nadrah and this is my story.
I'm a daughter, a sister, a granddaughter, a cousin, a friend, a wife and a mother but most of all, I will always be a little girl at heart.
This blog is about my life and how I try to live it to the fullest while keeping it well balanced.

Tuesday 31 July 2012

Drop a Jeans Size!

I read in Cleo magazine this month that Jennifer Aniston practices at least 20-minutes cardio workout a day in order to stay in shape. She is one of the celebrities with the best figure I've seen.



During the month of Ramadhan, I find it hard to actually lose weight and even harder to tone up. I'm the kind of person who eats small portions repetitively. I am not really capable of eating large portion as I get full very fast. So, I eat very little for Sahur. After a whole day of fasting, I tend to get very fatigue (especially with my hectic schedule). As a result, I oftenly sleep right after Isya' prayers (not even an hour after having a meal). So, I am pretty much bloating up right now. Last Monday, I made an attempt to head the gym after breaking fast and ended up with a tummyache because the gas in my tum tum was not settled yet. So, i googled for circuit for me to do at home and found these Drop a jeans size circuit from fitnessmagazine.com! Best part is that you can do it yourself at home without any equipment! Just something I need during the fasting month! Hope I'll manage to complete this workout coz my fat is really piling up!

Drop a Jeans Size: 20-Minute At-Home Cardio Circuit

This series of 1-minute PE classics packs almost the calorie burn of Spinning -- ideal for living-room exercisers.
  • March in place for 3 minutes (360 steps)
  • 60 Jumping Jacks
  • March 1 minute (120 steps)
  • 60 Jumping Jacks
  • March 1 minute
  • 30 Squat-Thrusts*
  • March 1 minute
  • 30 Squat-Thrusts
  • March 1 minute
  • 30 Squat-Thrusts
  • March 1 minute
  • 30 Squat-Thrusts
  • March 1 minute
  • 60 Jumping Jacks
  • March 1 minute
  • 60 Jumping Jacks
  • March in place 2 minutes to cool down

Calories burned: 145
Calorie burns are based on a 140-pound woman.

Drop a Jeans Size: 30-Minute Run/Walk Workout

It's simple: Walk or jog, then hit the gas for a minute. Hate to clock it? Sing six choruses of "99 Bottles of Beer," then return to your walk or jog.
  • Walk 3 minutes (warm-up)
  • Jog 1 minute
  • Walk 2 minutes
  • Jog 1 minute
  • Walk 1 minute
  • Jog 1 minute
  • Walk 1 minute
  • Run 1 minute, alternating run/walk or run/jog (depending on your level) intervals for 12 minutes -- that's six sprints total.
  • Jog 1 minute
  • Walk 1 minute
  • Jog 1 minute
  • Walk 1 minute
  • Jog 1 minute
  • Walk 3 minutes
Calories burned: 188 (walk/run), 215 (jog/run)

Wish me luck! Maybe after this, I'll move on to Jennifer Aniston's workout as stated in this site. where she spend 5 minutes warming up, 22 minutes cycling intervals and 15 minutes on treadmill at 6mph on a 1.5 incline.

No comments:

Post a Comment