No matter how nice we try to put things, there is no denying that life is a battle. Everyday is a struggle.
However, with every struggle is a blessing. We are blessed to be alive and given the chance to make changes everyday.
People say, “live your life to the fullest”; I am here to do just that.
Hi, My name is Nadrah and this is my story.
I'm a daughter, a sister, a granddaughter, a cousin, a friend, a wife and a mother but most of all, I will always be a little girl at heart.
This blog is about my life and how I try to live it to the fullest while keeping it well balanced.

Thursday 26 July 2012

I'll be home soon~

Little Nayla
You would think that getting married, both you and your partner will need to adjust living in together. In my case, my niece who is only 4 years old is having a rather confusing period adjusting to my marriage. Being 4 years old, she doesn't understand what marriage is. I remembered when I tried on my solemnization outfit, she came to me asking, "Aunty Addah, why are you wearing all white?". Her brother answered her question by explaining that the bride always wear white. Still looking perplexed, she walked out of my room and continued watching her television show. 

Now that I'm married, she still greets me as she normally does when I return home from work. Of course, I greeted her with a kiss and a hug as usual. But this time around, I wasn't alone. I had my husband with me. She will then start asking questions like:
"Who's there?"
"Why is Uncle Ezry here?"
"Why is Uncle Ezry's bag in your room?"
"Whose stuff are these?" (pointing at hubster's stuff)

We tried to explain the marriage part to her but would probably confuse her even more. So, we chose to let her join us most of the time and adjust to her Uncle Ezry being around. 

This week, we stayed at my in laws and due to the hectic schedule, we haven't been to my parent's house in Taman Tun for 4 days now. Then, I received a phone call from my mom saying that someone wants to talk to me. It was my niece on the phone asking me where I was and why have I not come back for so long. 

"Where are you?"
"Why you didn't come home so long?"
"Why are you there?"
"When are you coming back?"
"Where are you now?"
"Why can't you come home now?"

LOL! Little Nayla, you always melt my heart. I'll be home soon ok! 

With Little Nayla

No comments:

Post a Comment