No matter how nice we try to put things, there is no denying that life is a battle. Everyday is a struggle.
However, with every struggle is a blessing. We are blessed to be alive and given the chance to make changes everyday.
People say, “live your life to the fullest”; I am here to do just that.
Hi, My name is Nadrah and this is my story.
I'm a daughter, a sister, a granddaughter, a cousin, a friend, a wife and a mother but most of all, I will always be a little girl at heart.
This blog is about my life and how I try to live it to the fullest while keeping it well balanced.

Sunday 2 June 2013

Nursery Planning

Hubster and I will be pursuing our Wayne Manor project quite soon so we will most prolly be staying with my parents for like at least  2 years or so till the project is completed. Because of that reason, we can't have a room for Little Chicarito. Raised by my parents who gave me the best that they can offer regardless how much they have to sacrifice, I was very keen to give the best I can for my little one. The prettiest clothes, the best bed (my dad believe that it is very important to sleep comfortably with the best support), parties and those little luxuries in life. Not to say anything, if I can afford to give my children the best, I will. Discipline and being stern is very important in order to ensure that the child does not get spoil. Even tho I pretty much got everything that I ever wished for, I was taught that there is always value in everything. It could also be how my parents were pretty transparent with me when it comes to how much hard work and time it takes for them to get the final product. For example, before I got this Laura Ashley bed which I longed for since I was 15 years old, I had to settle with an Ikea bed and was taught to make sacrifices so that one day, that bed will be mine. Sure, the bed was a little too overpriced, but I got what I dreamed for and learned the value of patience and effort put into making my dream a reality. Honestly, I am very thankful for everything my parents has given me that if I could provide half of what they provided me, I'm be more than happy with myself. 

One of the things my mom gave me was the luxury of having themed bedrooms. From pink bedroom to Forever Friends themed to Outer Space themed bedroom to a Yellow with White Daisies themed room to a Lavender themed which then turned into my current room, a Laura Ashley themed room. All just to accommodate my dreams, passion and interest.  My room has always been my little haven where I can find comfort whenever things in the outside world gets a little darker than my liking. Whenever things get bad, I could always go to my room for a little escapade for a little peace and calmness while I work my way to finding that little courage and faith to face the world again. It could be the love being poured into making the room for me that I find that little security that I seek in order to continue with life knowing that everything will be OK. So, if you think that it is only because I like luxurious and pretty things that was given to me, you are wrong. What I see is the effort my mom put in to give me that little luxury and that sacrifice my dad put in to provide the financial need to make it possible. As a result of this experience, I would like to give Little Chicarito her little nursery corner. I would like my children to know how much I look forward to their presence in my life. Of course, the nursery is just a little fragment of the welcoming gesture aside from life insurance, education fund and what not.

Considering that we recently got a good bargain on Mothercare's Loved so Much furniture and my room being neutral colored, I plan to have Little Chicarito's corner to be Teddy themed and Jungle themed corner, a little bit more cheerful theme for her corner at my in laws place. Here are some inspirations I got from google image:

 

Unfortunately, judging from the space in my husband's room at my in laws, it is pretty much impossible to have a themed for Little Chicarito's corner. Which only means one thing, I can focus on just one themed and put all my efforts to it! Lets see, Brown Teddies and friends like white bunny and white lamb does sound nice, right? Less than 15 weeks to go, I hope that will give me just the right amount of time to prepare a little corner for Little Chicarito. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment