No matter how nice we try to put things, there is no denying that life is a battle. Everyday is a struggle.
However, with every struggle is a blessing. We are blessed to be alive and given the chance to make changes everyday.
People say, “live your life to the fullest”; I am here to do just that.
Hi, My name is Nadrah and this is my story.
I'm a daughter, a sister, a granddaughter, a cousin, a friend, a wife and a mother but most of all, I will always be a little girl at heart.
This blog is about my life and how I try to live it to the fullest while keeping it well balanced.

Tuesday 22 May 2012

Something to share

In 5 weeks, I will be a wife. Honestly speaking, I do have mixed feelings. Sure, most of my days are spent wisely for the wedding preparation but deep down inside, marriage scares me. It is not only a commitment but it is a very important role. I will be his  Queen and by marrying me, he promised to God that he will bear all my sins and take care of me. Thinking that all my actions will affect the person I love did not give a good feeling. I'm sure no one wants to hurt the person they love nor would they want to be the reason for their spouse to go to hell. Nowadays, divorce and infidelity are common. 

These are the questions that were asked to me:
  1. Are you sure that he is the one?
  2. What about the mistakes he did in the past?
  3. Can he make you happy?
  4. Will your marriage work?
  5. He is quite a wanted guy. Are you sure that he will stay loyal?
  6. What if you won't get the happiness you wanted?
  7. What if you could have gotten a better spouse?
  8. What will you do when a girl tries to steal him away?
  9. What if he gets rich and leaves you for a younger woman who is hot?
  10. What if he enslaves you after marriage?

As much as I can doubt him, he too can doubt me. Nobody's perfect. I, too have flaws and made mistakes. However, these challenges are not exactly disadvantages. They actually teaches us valuable life experience and lesson. Honestly, I hope for the best. Just like everyone, I am looking for a companion. Love is a gift. Sure, there will be risks but you wouldn't know the result unless you try. We only have our good faith and hard work to make a marriage work. InsyaAllah, I will find my happiness.

Today, I found this page on Facebook called "Happy Muslim Husband and Wife" that shares motivational words and stories to encourage a healthy and happy marriage. I read a few things and was so inspired that I had to share it. If you too are heading down the aisle and have wedding jitters, you should take a look at the facebook page. I hope it will help you as much as it is helping me right now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment