No matter how nice we try to put things, there is no denying that life is a battle. Everyday is a struggle.
However, with every struggle is a blessing. We are blessed to be alive and given the chance to make changes everyday.
People say, “live your life to the fullest”; I am here to do just that.
Hi, My name is Nadrah and this is my story.
I'm a daughter, a sister, a granddaughter, a cousin, a friend, a wife and a mother but most of all, I will always be a little girl at heart.
This blog is about my life and how I try to live it to the fullest while keeping it well balanced.

Sunday 3 June 2012

Bollywood Hen's Night witn Aaina, Tira and Sri

3 of my closest girl friends (Aaina, Tira and Sri) organized an intimate hen's night for me last Saturday. 3 others were not able to make it (Fanna's not feeling well, Farah had something on and Hana's in Boston). Owh, Mash and Kiera had to go to a family function. So, it was only the 4 of us. The theme for night was Bollywood. 

Initially, they taught of getting a room in some hotel but unfortunately, it would prolly be a waste considering that I had errands to run and couldn't solely spend my time for the hen's night. So, they had it in the master bedroom of the house my mom rented for the business. They came in the evening and started decorating the place and played hindi songs in attempt to set the mood. Honestly, I think they did a great job! 
Dining Table
"Nadrah's Last Fling before The Ring"
Bed and the present for me!
They arrived in the evening but I was not allowed to enter the room while they decorate it. I didn't have a problem with that since I was out to deliver the invitations. The moment I arrived home, I received a call from Tira instructing me to take a shower first and that Aaina was going to make me up around 8pm. My friends worked really hard in trying to make the night perfect for me so I was a good girl and did what I was instructed.

Upon arrival
My bollywood look done by Aaina.
Tira bought me the flower thing-a-ma-jig at the temple near her house. 
With Sri
With Aaina... (The Goody Daughter In-Law and Scary Mother In Law Pose)
Loving my Bangles...
Cutting the Cake
Cake's from Aaina, Sri, Tira, Farah and Fanna.
Sri got the cake so if you would like to know where to order, you can ask her.. :p
With the Present from Aaina, Tira, Sri and Fanna.
Eek! What's that? :p
It's a box filled with cheeky goodies. I can count on my girlfriends to encourage me to be more urm... adventurous? LOL!
Checking out the Love Making Uno
Sri with her Indian pose.
Aaina showing off her saree.
Unfortunately, I can't post a picture of Tira who was rocking her lengha. All three of them look superbly awesome. Some pictures and videos were taken of us in our Bollywood moment. I still can't stop laughing when I watch the video of Aaina and Tira singing and dancing to an old hindi tune.

After dinner, they prepared a 9 chapter love making guidelines video on a projector Tira got. It was a very urm.. educational video for all of us. But for some reason, we were still left clueless at the end of the show (Each with mind boggling questions on whether what was shown is indeed possible). It maybe a surprise for all of you that our night ended before 12am. We were all very tired as each of us had a very hectic day. Our activities didn't end there. It was followed by a romantic movie called "The Vow" and ended with our famous weekend tradition which is breakfast at Ismail, Taman Tun Dr Ismail.

Thank you girls for the lovely lovely weekend. I had a blast! Thank you so much for making some time for me and understanding my ever-hectic schedule. Love you girls to bits! 

For some odd reason, my eyes get all teary that I can no longer have impromtu lunches with Aaina, outings with Tira and weekend breakfast with Sri. I'll miss you girls so so much. I'll negotiate for at least one night out with you girls monthly k. Love Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment