No matter how nice we try to put things, there is no denying that life is a battle. Everyday is a struggle.
However, with every struggle is a blessing. We are blessed to be alive and given the chance to make changes everyday.
People say, “live your life to the fullest”; I am here to do just that.
Hi, My name is Nadrah and this is my story.
I'm a daughter, a sister, a granddaughter, a cousin, a friend, a wife and a mother but most of all, I will always be a little girl at heart.
This blog is about my life and how I try to live it to the fullest while keeping it well balanced.

Wednesday 5 September 2012

Gymboss

My husband and I are trying to adopt a healthier lifestyle by eating healthy and making our body stronger through various exercises. Interval training is something that we are trying to constantly challenge our bodies.

According to http://sportsmedicine.about.com, interval training helps to "increase in cardiovascular efficiency (the ability to deliver oxygen to the working muscles) as well as increased tolerance to the build-up of lactic acid. These changes result in improved performance, greater speed, and endurance." 

In a much simpler manner, interval training helps to: 
1. Increase Efficiency
2. Burn more fat 
3. Build a healthier heart 
4. Loose Fat and not Muscle (steady state cardio seems to encourage muscle loss) 
5. Increase Metabolism (i so so so so SOOOO need this) 

I tried a few routines but it was quite difficult to maintain my focus having to look at my watch constantly so check the time. Then, I found this interval timer called Gymboss online. To my surprise, it is pretty affordable. At a price of USD20, you'll get the Gymboss interval timer. 

Functions? 
  • 1 or 2 intervals - 2 seconds to 99 minutes 
  • Repeat up to 99 times 
  • Beep and/or Vibrate alarm 
  • Alarm duration 1, 5, or 10 seconds 
  • Stopwatch function 
  • Secure Belt clip Compact Size (1 ¾ x 2 ¼ x ½ inches) 
  • Water and shock resistant 
Delivery only cost USD4 to Malaysia regardless of how many units you get. On the website, they state that delivery would take 1-2weeks depending on custom clearance.

So, Wednesday last week, I purchased 2 units (one for the hubster and one for me!). The service was very fast. A few hours later, I received an e-mail stating that they have shipped the parcel and I received the parcel yesterday! That's less than a week! Hubster and I are super excited. We can't wait to explore and use out Gymboss Interval Timer. 

Parcel
Our Gymboss Interval Timer and wrist/arm bands.
Hubster reading the manual and there's Tama who is also very curious about the timer.

No comments:

Post a Comment