No matter how nice we try to put things, there is no denying that life is a battle. Everyday is a struggle.
However, with every struggle is a blessing. We are blessed to be alive and given the chance to make changes everyday.
People say, “live your life to the fullest”; I am here to do just that.
Hi, My name is Nadrah and this is my story.
I'm a daughter, a sister, a granddaughter, a cousin, a friend, a wife and a mother but most of all, I will always be a little girl at heart.
This blog is about my life and how I try to live it to the fullest while keeping it well balanced.

Sunday 9 September 2012

KOTR 2012

Last year, i ran my first 10km marathon in the Adidas King Of The Road marathon. It was pretty much sad case for me because i entered alone. Upon completion, i had to find a spot, take a seat, and took my own picture of myself! This time around, i was back for KOTR and i wasn't alone. My husband along with some friends were there with me! Even with sore muscles from last Friday's weight training session, i ran! Well, it only hurts for awhile. After a certain point, you pretty much can't feel the sore. It is mostly the pain and tiredness for running for a long period.

At the starting point.
Right after getting my medal. Picture captured by Dol. Candid and Raw. But I love it! Even though I'm as flushed as can be, it was totally an awesome feeling.
Hubster and I
Sri feeling very satisfied with herself upon completing her first ever 10km marathon. Well Done!
Sri and Dol! The ever supportive couple!
Sri, Me, Hubster and Dol!
Showing off my medal!
Who says being small is a disadvantage?
We may be petite but we are pretty much capable. Plus, we completed a 10km marathon ok!
Us!
Tira looking ever cheerful as always upon completing the marathon!
Small is powerful!! By the way, Tira's showing off the medal and banana she received upon completing the run.
Us at the baggage deposit area where Tira was showing off her sweat patch!
Ali, Dol, Hubster, Sri, Me and Tira
I had a huge hunch that Fay Hokulani would be around and she was! I tried looking for her so that I could get a picture with her. Unfortunately, I couldn't find her. Oh well... Maybe next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment