No matter how nice we try to put things, there is no denying that life is a battle. Everyday is a struggle.
However, with every struggle is a blessing. We are blessed to be alive and given the chance to make changes everyday.
People say, “live your life to the fullest”; I am here to do just that.
Hi, My name is Nadrah and this is my story.
I'm a daughter, a sister, a granddaughter, a cousin, a friend, a wife and a mother but most of all, I will always be a little girl at heart.
This blog is about my life and how I try to live it to the fullest while keeping it well balanced.

Wednesday 3 April 2013

Rihanna's Stay

I'm not normally a fan of Rihanna's songs. Somehow the culture of the songs makes her feel a tad bit mediocre. Not like I'm an expert in music. It's just my point of view. Her songs don't normally appeal to me. We're not going to go about her choices in men especially Chris Brown. Yes, initially I kinda look up to her for loving herself and not allowing to be bullied by men especially after the Chris Brown battery case. She became a role model for young women for awhile till she fall back. Well, I guess the heart wants what the heart wants. It's her personal choice. Being in the public eye, people are bound to have a thing or two to say about you. Anyway, back to the main reason of this post, Rihanna's Stay feat Mikky Ekko has been ringing in my head this morning. There's something about the melancholy tune and the dependency of the lyrics that makes it rather human; not necessarily happy but realistically beautiful. A feeling that words can't really explain. Guess it's a lot deeper than most of Rihanna's songs which is why I like it so much.

"Stay"
(feat. Mikky Ekko)

All along it was a fever
A cold sweat hot-headed believer
I threw my hands in the air and said, "Show me something,"
He said, "If you dare come a little closer."

Round and around and around and around we go
Oh now tell me now tell me now tell me now you know

Not really sure how to feel about it.
Something in the way you move
Makes me feel like I can't live without you.
It takes me all the way.
I want you to stay

It's not much of a life you're living
It's not just something you take – it's given

Round and around and around and around we go
Oh now tell me now tell me now tell me now you know

Not really sure how to feel about it.
Something in the way you move
Makes me feel like I can't live without you.
It takes me all the way.
I want you to stay.

Ooh the reason I hold on
Ooh cause I need this hole gone
Funny you're the broken one but I'm the only one who needed saving
Cause when you never see the light it's hard to know which one of us is caving

Not really sure how to feel about it.
Something in the way you move
Makes me feel like I can't live without you.
It takes me all the way.
I want you to stay, stay.
I want you to stay, oh.


No comments:

Post a Comment