No matter how nice we try to put things, there is no denying that life is a battle. Everyday is a struggle.
However, with every struggle is a blessing. We are blessed to be alive and given the chance to make changes everyday.
People say, “live your life to the fullest”; I am here to do just that.
Hi, My name is Nadrah and this is my story.
I'm a daughter, a sister, a granddaughter, a cousin, a friend, a wife and a mother but most of all, I will always be a little girl at heart.
This blog is about my life and how I try to live it to the fullest while keeping it well balanced.

Tuesday 2 July 2013

Heart made of Diamonds


When LiL Chica debuted her chubby cheeks and showed us her cheeky personality, we (Hubster and I) got really excited. How did she show her cheeky personality? LiL Chica will make all sorts of movements but when I look under my shirt (to see the surface of my tummy), she will stop. The moment I close my top again, she starts doing her lil thing. I guess she takes it for her parents who likes to tease and joke a lot. I've a colleague who at 31 weeks, had her baby at 1.6kg. My Lil Chica is already 1.4kg at 27 weeks. Kinda proud that my Lil Chica is a champion. So, boys out there, my lil princess may look as adorable as can be but don't you mess with her or she will kick your ass! However, being pregnant is really not all that easy especially nowadays that Lil Chica is filling up with all the goodness that makes her the utmost adorable little being in my tummy. There are so many sleepless nights, tailbone ache, sensitive tummy ache, heartburn, hunger games moments (moments when your body start to go to survivor mode because you are so hungry even when it has only been  5-10 minutes), dizziness to a point I feel sick that I puke (due to the heat and the shift of your gravity point), water retention and also the extra panting because of the new additional weight. Most days, I just want to stay in bed or just stay in the pool where the water will help with my additional weight. Thinking of how much fun I'm missing for not going out and enjoying that yummy piece of cake, how much I would love to spend the extra time grooming myself for a nice date with hubster, how I could only fit 1 skirt and 1 pair of pants (considering my expanding hip) does make me feel a little depressed. And honestly, it does make me upset when people tell me that I look fat. There's really nothing much I can do so if you don't have a resolution for me, I strongly believe that you should keep your comments to yourself. Yes, I do look like a manatee. I can barely fit into any of my clothes and considering it's just a few more months to go, I don't see a point buying new clothes. I'ld rather save for a new wardrobe post delivery. Last weekend, walking around KLCC, hubster asked me whether I wanted to splurge on anything. As I look at all of those pretty clothes, I could only reply that there really is no point of me buying clothes now even though deep down inside, my heart is longing for a piece of the Spring collection. Sigh! Sometimes, I do feel like giving up. If only my heart is made of diamonds so then I wouldn't be so weak. Then again, I'm only human kan?

No comments:

Post a Comment