No matter how nice we try to put things, there is no denying that life is a battle. Everyday is a struggle.
However, with every struggle is a blessing. We are blessed to be alive and given the chance to make changes everyday.
People say, “live your life to the fullest”; I am here to do just that.
Hi, My name is Nadrah and this is my story.
I'm a daughter, a sister, a granddaughter, a cousin, a friend, a wife and a mother but most of all, I will always be a little girl at heart.
This blog is about my life and how I try to live it to the fullest while keeping it well balanced.

Monday 22 July 2013

Managing Pregnancy Hormones

We always hear about “pregnancy glow” but how true that the glow will come? Looking at myself in front of the mirror, I do not see any glow. All I could see was a tired woman with blotchy skin and puffy eyes (especially after throwing up a lot due to acid reflux, lack of sleep and the fatigue).
 
When I first find out that I’m pregnant, I decided to invest on Kiehl’s Skin Clearing range for a less chemically processed skincare. With my pregnancy hormones, my skin got even worse. Which made me go back to what works best on my skin, which is Biotherm’s Aquasource. Due to my pregnancy hormones which causes the changes in the condition of my skin, my theraphist Christine (the person who does my facial at Biotherm One Utama) recommended that I use the Purefect Skin range instead and also use the Source Therapie for the best condition of the skin. 

She also added I have to ensure that my skin is always clean at all times. If I wear any powder, make up or sunscreen, I will need to add one more step which is to double cleanse my face (wash my face with an oil cleanser first before the normal cleanser). Which is why I then invested on Shu Uemura’s Ultim8. Shu Uemura has the best oil cleanser I’ve ever known. It really cleans your skin and removes all of your make up or sunscreen without over drying your skin. But it is important for you to consult the person there so that they can guide you to the type of oil cleanser that suits your skin. My favorite person in Shu Uemura One Utama is Joanne Yeoh who did my make up for both my engagement and my wedding reception. 

Shu Uemura Ultim8 Oil Cleanser RM150 (150ml) and RM300 (450ml)
Christine also recommended that I splurge a little and spend some time once or twice a week to apply a deep cleansing mask and also a hydrating mask. Why up to 2 mask? Deep cleansing mask is used to clean your skin however; it can dry out your skin. Hence, the hydrating mask is applied to replenish the moisture. That way your skin won’t overwork and stay balanced without the need to produce additional oil sebum. 

Kiehl's Rare Eart Deep Pore Cleansing Masque at RM100.
I have absolutely no idea how much this cost cause I always get it free from Biotherm.
I still do get breakouts once a while but it is at a very controllable rate and it only happens when I didn't clean my face for more than a day. That happens quite a lot lately as throwing up can be very tiring and  after all that, all I want to do is just sleep (and maybe eat cake.. LOL! but seriously, nowadays, I just want to sleep).


Sure, it may seem a little pricey.. Okok.. May be more than a little but I believe that it is also very important for us to take care of our own vanity even when we are pregnant and will be expecting a baby soon. Giving birth and confinement is also a rebirthing period for the mother. When we step out from the hospital carrying our little bundle of joy, we are no longer the same person as we used to be before this. We are mothers with new roles and a new body. Pregnancy will cause us to change inside out and we’re given to chance for a whole 44 days to adjust to our new role and boost us up in our first step to get in shape through our strict confinement regime. 


By the way, for this month, Biotherm is having an offer for their Purefect Range. If you purchase they Raya Blockbuster set (RM505), you will get RM500 worth of free products (which includes a 60-mins Purefect Skin Facial). Talk about good bargain eh? I’m just waiting for my payday to get it.





No comments:

Post a Comment