No matter how nice we try to put things, there is no denying that life is a battle. Everyday is a struggle.
However, with every struggle is a blessing. We are blessed to be alive and given the chance to make changes everyday.
People say, “live your life to the fullest”; I am here to do just that.
Hi, My name is Nadrah and this is my story.
I'm a daughter, a sister, a granddaughter, a cousin, a friend, a wife and a mother but most of all, I will always be a little girl at heart.
This blog is about my life and how I try to live it to the fullest while keeping it well balanced.

Tuesday 16 July 2013

The Tragic News

If you had read my first post on my pregnancy , you might have known that I had chosen to go to Dr Delaila Ahmad of Sime Darby Medical Center or previously known as Subang Jaya Medical Center. Many recommended Dr Siti and said that Dr Delaila was a very fierce doctor. Well, after hearing stories of my cousin having to queue for Dr Siti right after Subuh prayers and my sister had quite a good experience with Dr Delaila, we chose Dr Delaila instead. We kept a positive mind for our first visit and was glad that our experience with her is not all that bad. In fact, we were very pleased with her and grew to like her even more visit after visit. She was always straight to the facts but still joked a little here and there. There were only these 2 times when we saw her fierceness. 1st was the time when I gained 4 kg sometime during my 2nd trimester. The 2nd time was when the pharmacist messed up her prescription. She was really furious at that time. Other than that, our experience was very pleasant with her. We were pretty excited to share our first birthing experience with her especially after finding out that she practice some of the hypnobirthing method like waiting for the cord to stop pulsating before cutting it and giving the parents 1 hour of bonding time with the baby right after delivery. 

Dr Delaila Ahmad
Earlier today, I planned on updating w post on my mini wedding anniversary getaway but we got the most unfortunate news this morning about a female doctor losing a thumb to robbery. We really hoped it wasn't her. I called the hopital to check whether it is Dr Delaila but the operator wouldn't tell. All she could tell us is Dr Delaila is on a long leave and they are not sure when she will come back. They are in the midst of calling her patients to reassign them to other doctors. Sigh! This is indeed a very devastating news. A doctor makes a living with their hands and fingers and Dr Delaila's job as someone who helps mothers deliver newborn is a very noble job. I can't imagine what she is going through at this moment. I'm sure many are cursing the robber at the moment. We are currently in the waiting list for 2 other doctors and hoping for the best. We redha with whatever Rezeki Allah S.W.T. will grant Lil Chica. Please pray for the best for Lil Chica ok and to Dr Delaila, our prayers are with you.
Reference: 

3 comments:

  1. She was my gynae too and she is super awesome... Poor doctor delaila... I wonder how shes going to make a living now...:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Husband's cousin works in the same office with her niece. She said that they cut off quite a number of her nerves (Dr Delaila used her arm to protect herself). As a result, even if they managed to attach everything, there's no guarantee she'll regain full control over her hands. Sigh! I guess she can be a lecturer or offer consultation. Such a sad case kan...

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete