No matter how nice we try to put things, there is no denying that life is a battle. Everyday is a struggle.
However, with every struggle is a blessing. We are blessed to be alive and given the chance to make changes everyday.
People say, “live your life to the fullest”; I am here to do just that.
Hi, My name is Nadrah and this is my story.
I'm a daughter, a sister, a granddaughter, a cousin, a friend, a wife and a mother but most of all, I will always be a little girl at heart.
This blog is about my life and how I try to live it to the fullest while keeping it well balanced.

Thursday 18 December 2014

Calcium Requirement Especially for A Nursing Mother while havingMenstruation

Recently, my doctor cousin, Ezyana posted on facebook on how she has to start taking the 2g daily calcium requirement considering that she's taking the effect of falling a little more than what she expected. However, she puts the blame on age and the possibility that she is not getting sufficient calcium from her diet. The fact that she is breastfeeding may also play apart in the contribution.

Little did I know, I too overlook on how much calcium I need especially when I'm breastfeeding and have recently started my menstrual cycle back. I did almost everything right like drinking a lot of water, eating sufficient amount of calories, pump milk and also feed my baby as often as possible. For some reason, my supply was still dropping. So, I did what everyone from this era of techonology will do; ask Uncle Google. Guess what I found out? 

"The drop in milk supply that is associated with your period can be associated with a drop in blood calcium levels which occurs in the middle of your cycle, around the time you ovulate. To combat this, you can take calcium/ magnesium supplement. 

If you decide to try this, you should start taking the supplement when you ovukate until the third day of your period. (If you dont know when you ovulate, it's generally about two weeks before you're due for your period. you can also just take it for the whole month). The supplement should be 1000(mg) calcium /500 g magnesium. Make sure that you buy the combination calcium/magnesium supplement, as that much calcium should never be taken alone."

Source: exclusivepumping.com

Thank god I dont have to look so far because I always stock Shaklee's Ostematrix and use it as a replacement for paracetemol. Now, all i have to do is take it religiously. Wish me luck! 


No comments:

Post a Comment