No matter how nice we try to put things, there is no denying that life is a battle. Everyday is a struggle.
However, with every struggle is a blessing. We are blessed to be alive and given the chance to make changes everyday.
People say, “live your life to the fullest”; I am here to do just that.
Hi, My name is Nadrah and this is my story.
I'm a daughter, a sister, a granddaughter, a cousin, a friend, a wife and a mother but most of all, I will always be a little girl at heart.
This blog is about my life and how I try to live it to the fullest while keeping it well balanced.

Monday 15 December 2014

To all mommies-to-be who are having a tough time...

A few of my friends asked me if there's an easy way of dealing with the sickness during pregnancy. Honestly, there isn't any easy way of dealing with it. If you are getting sickness, it is a good sign. I didn't have mine initially because I wasn't producing enough hormones. As a result, the walls of my uterus wasn't forming that well that I had a case of bleeding. Only after taking the hormone pills that the sickness kick in. No it wasn't morning nor afternoon, it was all day sickness. To make things even more interesting, during my 1 week of bed-rest period, my husband had a knee surgery to reconstruct his ligament and remove a portion of his meniscus. 

Since hubster was recovering from a major knee surgery and we were moving to our first and new home, I had to be the strong one and so was Zara or Lil Chica as I call her when she was in my womb. We assisted hubster as he regain his physical well being.

Financially, it was pretty tight. Not only that we have to pay for the medical fees (the hormone pills weren't cheap) but we also had to bear physio therapy sessions 3 times a week (RM120 per session). There are 4 weeks a month so you do the math. When we heard about Hypnobirth class, we had a discussion about our financial status and whether we can afford it. However, I strongly believe that every challenge is a blessing in disguise and a child is the best gift of life there is. If you think that it is for the best for your child, no matter how hard things are, you will be able to find everything you need (especially when God, in our case Allah SWT will always give us what we need instead of what we want). 

There were also a few incidents that spiritually affected me like how my sister in law had a macerated childbirth. Read all about it here: Eryll Ezara binti Ezuan. Everyone was in a grieving period for months. It was a very tough period even for us as we weren't sure how things will turn out. Every now and then, we will panic should Lil Chica move less.  

Alhamdulillah, we made it through. I know that some would say that it is easy for me to say considering that both hubster and I come from a middle class family. If you read my previous post, Never thought I'ld say this but I want to be a Fisherman! (or Woman). Things weren't handed to us on a silver platter. Now, when I was asked how do I manage to have so much energy and still have an ambition to do more, I'ld say that my experience and the challenges I faced prepped me for my life today.

If you are going through a tough time, the best way of dealing with it is to endure it. If it is the hormones, it is a good sign. It is understandable if you are moody, grumpy etc. After all, you can't control it. Nothing comes easy but sooner or later, it will pass and the reward is going to be far more priceless. I see it every time I look at my little girl laughing cheekily at me. God is always fair. Have faith and be strong. You'll be surprise with the strength you have. After all, you are a woman.


No comments:

Post a Comment