No matter how nice we try to put things, there is no denying that life is a battle. Everyday is a struggle.
However, with every struggle is a blessing. We are blessed to be alive and given the chance to make changes everyday.
People say, “live your life to the fullest”; I am here to do just that.
Hi, My name is Nadrah and this is my story.
I'm a daughter, a sister, a granddaughter, a cousin, a friend, a wife and a mother but most of all, I will always be a little girl at heart.
This blog is about my life and how I try to live it to the fullest while keeping it well balanced.

Thursday 26 December 2013

Dear Danial..

My uncle recently sent me old photos of myself with my late cousin, Danial. It brought up a lot of old memories of us as kids. It was always like an 'Us against the World' kind of thing for us. I knew that no matter what happens, he will always have my back and vice versa. No one else in my family would defend me like how he does. Not even my very own sister (who is more of a diplomatic kind of person). He was my partner in crime (or rather mischief), my bestfriend, my cousin and a brother I never had. When something bad happens, the next thing, I know, there'll be a ring on the phone. Regardless how many miles apart we were (he resided in Brunei), he was only a call away. It really was not easy when he passed on. One after another, my dear cousins who were around to back me up passed on and my dearest of all, Arwah Danial was the first. I've always thought that he will be around during my university days, my graduation, my wedding and many other milestones. But Allah SWT loves him more and only He knows how much I miss my dear dear Danial. 

Danial, 
I'm a mother now. So many things has changed but the world is still a cruel place. I may not be able to be around for my little Zara for everything but I do wish that she'll find herself a person who is as awesome as you are to me. If you are still around, I'm quite certain she'll love you as much as I did.. 

Al-fatihah




No comments:

Post a Comment