No matter how nice we try to put things, there is no denying that life is a battle. Everyday is a struggle.
However, with every struggle is a blessing. We are blessed to be alive and given the chance to make changes everyday.
People say, “live your life to the fullest”; I am here to do just that.
Hi, My name is Nadrah and this is my story.
I'm a daughter, a sister, a granddaughter, a cousin, a friend, a wife and a mother but most of all, I will always be a little girl at heart.
This blog is about my life and how I try to live it to the fullest while keeping it well balanced.

Wednesday 17 October 2012

Minka Kelly



Minka Kelly was famous for her role as Lyla Garrity in the TV series called Friday Night Lights. There is no denying that this beauty is much more than a pretty face. She does not have those stick thin figures that we most often see Hollywood celebrities normally portray in. Instead, she has a fit and lean figure. Being healthy gave her the natural beauty and a hot figure that rocks! Just look at her pictures. Even with minimal make up and just a white tee, Minka still look super attractive.


So, I goggled for her workout regime and diet. Self.com has a lot of informative stuff on her workout and diet plan. There is this circuit that she does which seems pretty much doable (i think! LOL!! Maybe im just being too ambitious!)

Circuit:

1.   Twister
Works shoulders, abs, butt, legs Stand with feet hip-width apart, a 5-pound dumbbell in each hand at shoulder height, palms forward. Squat, then return to standing, as you pivot left foot so torso twists to right and extend arms overhead (as shown). Repeat on opposite side for 1 rep. Do 6 to 10 reps.
2.   Big Dipper
Works butt, legs Stand with feet hip-width apart, a weight in each hand at sides throughout. Step right leg back and to left, coming into a deep squat (as shown). Return to start. Repeat on the opposite side for 1 rep. Do 10 to 12 reps
3.   All Over Toner
Works shoulders, abs, butt, legs Stand with feet hip-width apart, a weight in each hand at sides. Raise weights out to sides at shoulder height as you step left leg back into a reverse lunge (as shown). Return to start. Repeat on opposite leg for 1 rep. Do 12 reps.
4.   Ballsy Bicycle
Works abs, obliques Lie faceup, holding a 3- to 6-pound medicine ball at chest. Lift shoulder blades and legs about 6 inches off floor, then bring left knee toward chest and twist torso toward left knee (as shown). Switch sides, twisting torso to bent right knee, for 1 rep. Continue alternating in a pedaling motion. Do 12 reps.
5.   Interval Run
1 minute at 5.0
1 minute at 5.5
1 minute at 6.0
1 minute at 6.5
1 minute at 7.0
1 minute at 7.5
1 minute at 8.0
2 minutes at 4.5
Repeat five times.

 Planning to try it this weekend! Wish me luck! Will update you on my thoughts about it once i tried it. ;p

Self.com also shared some tips from Minka.


Here are Minka Kelly's Diet and Workout Tips:

1.       Don’t Deprive
"If you don't let yourself have things you want, especially when it comes to something as simple as food, you'll fail and end up being less healthful. I try to be sensible and have egg whites and oatmeal for breakfast, a salad with protein for lunch, and fish and veggies at night. But once in a while, I have that cheeseburger and fries!"
2.       Workout Goal
"To feel good and not have to buy bigger jeans!"
3.       It’s Not About the Number
"I haven't gotten on a scale in a long time. If I'm working out hard enough, I'm proud of myself."
4.       Maintain balance
"If you don't have something you're passionate about, you won't be happy. When the people in your life support your career and know how much they mean to you, everything balance's out."
5.       Eat Dessert
"I don't feel like dinner's done unless I have a sweet. I'd rather go for a small slice of real chocolate cake than a bunch of sugar-free cookies. It's all in moderation."
6.       Find your Inspiration
"I watch Beyoncé videos while I'm working out. The dancers' bodies are so inspiring!"
7.       Embrance your Imperfection
"They are what makes us beautiful. The scar from the appendectomy I had when I was little and the one from the boogie boarding accident I had a few years ago make me unique, and I'm proud of them. That said, there are days when I have less confidence than other days. When that happens, I try to treat myself the same way I would treat my best friend—meaning, I love my friends for who they are and don't focus on their 'flaws.' So I try to do that for myself, too"
8.       Enjoy IT
"Exercise is like meditation for me. And I'm giving myself that time!"
9.       Work your mind and Body
"I've been working out with [trainer] Gunnar Peterson and it's completely changed my body, my life, everything. I cannot live without it now. When you have such a good workout, it clears everything up mentally, physically, and you just have a better day.

Looking at her does motivate me a little to be fit. I hope I will be able to adopt a healthier lifestyle successfully. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment