No matter how nice we try to put things, there is no denying that life is a battle. Everyday is a struggle.
However, with every struggle is a blessing. We are blessed to be alive and given the chance to make changes everyday.
People say, “live your life to the fullest”; I am here to do just that.
Hi, My name is Nadrah and this is my story.
I'm a daughter, a sister, a granddaughter, a cousin, a friend, a wife and a mother but most of all, I will always be a little girl at heart.
This blog is about my life and how I try to live it to the fullest while keeping it well balanced.

Sunday 14 October 2012

SuperWife in the Making: Thai Cuisine Cooking Class at Taylor's Lakeside Campus

I've been married for almost 4 months now (4 months in less than 2 weeks). Living with my in laws and parents didn't really give me the chance to learn how to cook. My family runs a catering business which has the stove occupied like almost all the time and it is pretty much embarrassing if your cooking turns out bad when you are at your in laws. The only practice I get was preparing a healthy breakfast meals and also lunch for Hubster. Did I tell you that thanks to the healthier meals, Hubster lost a huge amount of fat percentage and his figure is much more defined (of course, this includes his dedication to the gym and also dance training)? Last month his fat percentage was 23% and this month it was 11%! That's my baby. :p Anyway, back to the main story. Things are going to change soon as we will be moving to our very own crib which also means that I will have to prepare home cooked meals for my husband. (Suddenly, I've this feeling that I'm going to be a super wife who works yet can be a homemaker).

Okok... Maybe I'm being too ambitious. But hey! There's no harm in trying right? I'm sure the process will be fun. So, anyway, HP organized this program to help reduce stress for their employees. One of it involves them to subsidized a large portion of cooking class fee. The cooking class was a Taylor's Lakeside campus. We just had to pay RM30 for the class (normally, it would be rm180). I chose the Thai Cuisine considering that it is more practical (i can cook it for dinner). 

We learned how to cook 4 dishes and they are:
  1. Green Curry Chicken (They also taught us how to make the paste which can be stored in the freezer and used as an instant mix for our busy schedule).
  2. Prawn Pad Thai
  3. Thai Fish Cakes 
  4. Prawn Fritters
Anyway, here are some pictures!

At the corridor
Where the class was held.

The recipes.
What's prepared for us.
Some of the ingredients
Spices
My Green Curry Chicken
The chef showing off the kuay teow used for Pad Thai
Mincing the Chicken for the Pad Thai
Squeeze some lime for the finishing touch.
The chef demonstrating how to fry the fritters. You have to deep fry them and make sure that the oil is hot enough!
 
How the fritters is supposed to float and not sink!
There were 2 Chefs who taught us. They were both very dedicated, helpful, patient and kind. All of us enjoyed the class very much. They firstly demonstrated how to cook the dishes and we were off to try it on our own. I now have more confidence that I have the ability to cook a mean Green Curry Chicken. Of course, it will take a few practices. I brought home the dishes I cooked and Hubster approves! He said that the food is a go for dindin! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment