No matter how nice we try to put things, there is no denying that life is a battle. Everyday is a struggle.
However, with every struggle is a blessing. We are blessed to be alive and given the chance to make changes everyday.
People say, “live your life to the fullest”; I am here to do just that.
Hi, My name is Nadrah and this is my story.
I'm a daughter, a sister, a granddaughter, a cousin, a friend, a wife and a mother but most of all, I will always be a little girl at heart.
This blog is about my life and how I try to live it to the fullest while keeping it well balanced.

Wednesday 5 June 2013

In 22 days....

28th June 2013 marks the 1 year milestone of my marriage to my hubster, the one and only Ezry bin Ibrahim. At times, I still can't believe that we are married  and will be expecting our first gift of life. What I can say about marriage is that it is everything like how people say it would be but nothing like what you can imagine. Marriage is not always sunny. We still do make mistakes and hurt each other time after time. But what's important is that we stuck with each other through thick and thin. That is what marriage is. In Gossip Girl, Chuck Bass gave this speech with the phrase, "the importance of perseverance and that in the face of true love, you don't just give up; even if the object of your affection is begging you to". This may sound cliche' but only now I understood what it means. I also learnt the importance of forgiveness. Nobody is perfect and everyone's has something/someone to blame. Sometimes, the gift of second chance gives the opportunity to show one's worthiness. Yes, we have indeed been through a lot but look at how far we have come. The great love are the crazy ones. He has devastated me but he also makes me happier than I've ever been. Today, he has grown to be a much wiser man who is not only responsible but also caring. Blessed, I am blessed to be showered with love everyday and I could never thank enough for this gift. 

I've a few friends who is going through a hard time adjusting to married life. It's either they keep on fighting, or they are doing just fine but the nature of their jobs keeps challenging them. Well, i'm not even married for more than a year and I'm not in a place to give advice but I believe that nothing is easy. In our case, we've been going through so many challenges one after another which I have to admit, is pretty exhausting. All I can say that it is very important to have faith in God's plans and know that things will fall into place without you even realizing it. God is always fair. Every couple will go through the same impact even if the challenge is different. Just don't give up, persevere, be grateful and tawakal. In time, you will realize how blessed you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment