No matter how nice we try to put things, there is no denying that life is a battle. Everyday is a struggle.
However, with every struggle is a blessing. We are blessed to be alive and given the chance to make changes everyday.
People say, “live your life to the fullest”; I am here to do just that.
Hi, My name is Nadrah and this is my story.
I'm a daughter, a sister, a granddaughter, a cousin, a friend, a wife and a mother but most of all, I will always be a little girl at heart.
This blog is about my life and how I try to live it to the fullest while keeping it well balanced.

Monday 24 June 2013

We, Girls Dress Up for OURSELVES

A very long time ago, I used to go out with a guy who attempted to restrict me from dressing up when I go out. "Why do you need to look dress up? So that other guys will look at you?", he always asked me. To the contrary, it has absolutely nothing to do about a guy or any other guy. It didn't matter to me whether other guys are looking or not. We ladies are very much concerned of our vanity. It is within our nature to like pretty things. Hence, there is no denial that looking good makes us feel good as well. So, really it really is not about others, but more about ourselves. Don't get me wrong, what my husband thinks does matter to me. In fact, that gleam in his eyes when he looks at me after I put that little effort in dressing up makes me feel as if I'm on top of the world. But what Betsey Johnson said is true. We dress up for ourselves. The working out, waxing, IPL, working on our cellulite and stretch marks remedies is for our husbands. Facials, Hair maintenance and nail treatments (pedicure, manicure and parafin wax treatment) is for the both yourself and your partner. If you think that we ladies, do not have need and desires, think again. We are human too. LOL! Sigh! 9 months of pregnancy and 2 months of confinement. In total, that is 11 months (ALMOST A YEAR)! I didn't really think of dressing up that much during pregnancy due to my expanding size but HEY! I can still dream right? The more you can visualize your dream, the closer you are in making it come true. So, dream closet, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment