No matter how nice we try to put things, there is no denying that life is a battle. Everyday is a struggle.
However, with every struggle is a blessing. We are blessed to be alive and given the chance to make changes everyday.
People say, “live your life to the fullest”; I am here to do just that.
Hi, My name is Nadrah and this is my story.
I'm a daughter, a sister, a granddaughter, a cousin, a friend, a wife and a mother but most of all, I will always be a little girl at heart.
This blog is about my life and how I try to live it to the fullest while keeping it well balanced.

Tuesday 4 October 2011

I'm the Queen of the Road

When I first heard that Adidas was going to have the King of the Road Marathon on the 2nd October, I was very excited. However, there were only 2 categories (10km and 16.8km). You see I've never run more than 5.5km. So, initially I was comtemplating on whether to give 10km a try. I took too long to think that when I finally decided to register, the 10km category was full.

Call it fate or whatever you wanna call it, my friend Dayana registered but since she is pregnant, she asked me if I would like to take over her place and give it a try. Ironically, without any training I accepted the offer 2 weeks before the actual event. However, since I had a very low antibody due to my level of stress and hectic schedule, I fell sick; making it almost impossible to train. I just made a few attempts to hit the gym with my bestfriend, Akasha and attended a dance class.

Route of the KOTR Marathon

So, there I was on the 2nd of October at the starting line slowly starting to jog. Honestly, the whole time, I kept asking myself, "What did I get myself into?". However, as I run further, I started to get the hang of it. Looking at other people running gave my spirit a boost. Thanks to Barry White and Selena Gomez (on my mp3), I had the will power to continue.

Guess what? I made it through 10km in 80minutes! That is certainly an achievement for me! My first 10km marathon and I made it in time. Who says short legs can't marathon? (Let's not look at the fact how two 50 year old aunties finished way faster than I did.)

I am barely 150cm tall and I made through 10km without any training in 80 minutes. I also received a finishing medal for making it within the time limit. Woohoo!


With my Finishing Medal. 10km baybeh!
Age does not matter. What you do with the time and opportunity that you have does! I may be 25 and will turning 26 in 3 months but I'm proud to say, I'm living my life to the fullest!

3 comments:

  1. will u be joining the nike run? jom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought of joining but online registration is full sudah. Manual registration I tak sure. U dah register?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Nike Runners! We have officially CLOSED ONLINE REGISTRATION for this year's WE RUN KL 10K race. For those that missed out, you can still run by signing up at any of the following outlets now - 14 Oct, 12noon - 9pm:

    * NIKE STORE MIDVALLEY
    * NIKE STORE PAVILION
    * NIKE STORE KLCC
    * NIKE STORE THE GARDENS
    * NIKE STORE THE CURVE
    * NIKE STORE SUNWAY PYRAMID
    * NIKE STORE ONE UTAMA
    * ROYAL SPORTING HOUSE MIDVALLEY
    * STUDIO R MIDVALLEY

    ReplyDelete