No matter how nice we try to put things, there is no denying that life is a battle. Everyday is a struggle.
However, with every struggle is a blessing. We are blessed to be alive and given the chance to make changes everyday.
People say, “live your life to the fullest”; I am here to do just that.
Hi, My name is Nadrah and this is my story.
I'm a daughter, a sister, a granddaughter, a cousin, a friend, a wife and a mother but most of all, I will always be a little girl at heart.
This blog is about my life and how I try to live it to the fullest while keeping it well balanced.

Wednesday 12 October 2011

So, when is your turn?

It really isn’t easy being unmarried at the age of 25. Most of my cousins around the same age group are either married or going to get married real soon. Came to a point that there’ll be a wedding almost every weekend. I really love weddings. The decorations, the confession of love, the beauty of commitment and family values appeals to me. However, there is one turn off. That is when people start asking me when my turn to get married is. The pressure eats me up inside especially when my mom gets paranoid and worried that I’ll end up being a spinster. Getting older and unmarried is not exactly a fantastic feeling but I wouldn’t wanna feel as if I am being rushed into anything. Sure, Aunties and Uncles, I would love to get married, but then, only when I’ve found the right person with the right situation and reason. How would you feel if we were at a funeral and I ask, “So, when is your turn?”

I’m 25 years old and I can say that I’m pretty much trying my best to keep a good balance in life. I’m taking every chance I get to live my life to the fullest while learning and experiencing new things along the way. So, stop asking. When the time comes, you will know. ;)

If you are in your twenties and unmarried, here are some quotes to share:
“You’re single. Make the best of it. It doesn’t mean you’re not good enough for anyone, it means no one’s good enough for you.”
“Never rush in love for it never runs out. Let love be the one to knock at your door, so by the time you start to fall, you know that your feeling is for sure.”
*Cheers*

No comments:

Post a Comment