No matter how nice we try to put things, there is no denying that life is a battle. Everyday is a struggle.
However, with every struggle is a blessing. We are blessed to be alive and given the chance to make changes everyday.
People say, “live your life to the fullest”; I am here to do just that.
Hi, My name is Nadrah and this is my story.
I'm a daughter, a sister, a granddaughter, a cousin, a friend, a wife and a mother but most of all, I will always be a little girl at heart.
This blog is about my life and how I try to live it to the fullest while keeping it well balanced.

Sunday 25 November 2012

Hubster turned 27 yesterday!

Hubster turned 27 years old yesterday (Sunday, 25th November 2012). I'm honestly thankful that he is surrounded with so many wonderful people and had almost all of his favorite things on his birthday.

Since he had a celebration for his instructor, Jason's birthday with his Sole to Soul Dance Company / Dance Crew (SDC) peeps, we decided to start the celebration a little bit earlier for the both of us.

The night before, we had a pre-birthday dinner at Hokkaido Sushi, One Utama where he ordered his favorite dishes. We had the Kani Avocado salad, this favorite sushi of his (tofu skin with rice, crab-meat and smoked mayonnaise i think), spider-roll and teriyaki steak. I would say that his tummy was very happy having had all those delicious dishes.
With his favorite Kani Avocado Salad

The whole time during dinner, he was talking about Hot Rod, his favorite transformer  character. I had a strong feeling that he was hinting for me to get it for him as a birthday gift. Of course, I got it way earlier for him. It was hidden in the storage room at his house. I played along and started asking questions. Truth is, I read about Hot Rod at Wikipedia (kinda because I was wondering why he was called Rodimus Prime).

After walking around One Utama, we visited Vhobby (a shop selling all these collectibles). I couldn't find the Hot Rod around so I pretended to ask for it so that I can buy it as his present. When the sales person told us that the toy was sold out, hubster's face changed. He was so disappointed that his eyes got all watery. You see, hubster is a very sentimental kind of person. He has always wanted the toy but had difficulty finding it. It was so unfortunate that when he finally found it at this shop, he had to stop himself from buying it because he needed the cash for our wedding. That was when I knew it would be the perfect gift for him. Being one of those cool person, he tried his best to remain collected and not feel disappointed. He tried to keep smiling but couldn't hide the disappointment from me. So, we went home and he watched the football match on telly quietly.

When the clock struck 12 a.m, I brought the present over to him and wished him Happy Birthday. A huge smile plastered on his face as his took the gift from me.

Me: Do you know what it is?
Hubster: I thought of if while we were walking back to the car..
Me: Are you sure it is what you think it is?

LOL! By that time, he could already see the logo of the box hidden underneath the wrapper. He then carefully unwrap the present. Just look at his expression in the picture below. I'm glad he love it.

Opening his present
*Priceless*
The next day, we had an early start for his birthday breakfast at Delicious with his parents and we were off for a friend's wedding.

That evening, he left early for a party thrown for Jason. Michelle organized the party and they had sessions to choreograph+rehearse for a flash mob. Hubster, together with Michelle, Jean and Natasha, spent almost a whole day to choreograph the dance. I've seen all of them dance before which was why I am quite certain that the flash mob was awesome and hope that Emerson will upload the video on youtube soon. I'ld very much like to see it. I'll share the link later on if the video was uploaded. From what I heard, Jason was in tears, flattered by the whole ordeal. They really put up a lot of effort to put the whole thing together and it was a success! I've attended a few of Jason's class before and could tell why his students would want to show their appreciation. After all, he is a talented and cool instructor. I've always enjoyed his class - both joining and observing. (He really is good OK. The reason why I didn't join his class was because of time restrictions (the role of a wife comes with household commitments) and also because I'm just way too shy to dance in public to work up a courage to join his class. I'm always the one standing right at the back corner in classes. Hubster used to say that if i could, i would prolly want to hide in the wall. I couldn't agree more.)

They also celebrated SDC's November Babies' birthday that night. Hubster's included and Kelvin surprised him with a Manchester United cake decorated with Gummy Bears! Those are two of his favorite things. They also made him this birthday card and I can tell that he was most touched by what Huey Wern wrote (SDC is better with you around- i think). Trust me when I say, Hubster is not the same without SDC. :) He enjoys being in the group and treasures each one of the members just like his very own family. It's great that he gets to share his passion of dancing with this group of wonderful people. Thank you SDC peeps for making Hubster a much happier man.
Hubster with Kelvin
Birthday Cake from Kelvin

Birthday card from Sole to Soul Dance Company
It must have been one of Hubster's lucky Birthdays because besides that, Hubster's favorite football team, Manchester United won the match and one of his favorite F1 drivers won the race. Yesterday was definitely his day and I'm glad that he had a good celebration.

2 comments:

  1. Haha.. such a cute entry and in fact the blog it self... hey, send my regards to Ezry okay? It's been a while since our St John days that we meet each other... We used to play football at his backyard when me and my friends came to his open house... haha the good old days...

    come visit and follow my blog too!
    thekufazukeshow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I'll holla him about you ok!

      Delete