No matter how nice we try to put things, there is no denying that life is a battle. Everyday is a struggle.
However, with every struggle is a blessing. We are blessed to be alive and given the chance to make changes everyday.
People say, “live your life to the fullest”; I am here to do just that.
Hi, My name is Nadrah and this is my story.
I'm a daughter, a sister, a granddaughter, a cousin, a friend, a wife and a mother but most of all, I will always be a little girl at heart.
This blog is about my life and how I try to live it to the fullest while keeping it well balanced.

Tuesday 20 November 2012

Product Review: Melaleuca's Lemon Brite

Our Malaysian cuisine is famous for being rich of taste. Which also means that they are rich of gunk especially oil. Washing the dishes has never been my favorite chore. My hands will normally end up wrinkley and will itch a lot. Axion and Glo are big no-nos for me. Sunlight is pretty much the best solution for me because of the slightly gentler ingredients. I've always hated the icky feeling you get and that smell that sticks to your sponge after washing about 5 plates. As a resolution, you will need to take a break to clean the sponge before continuing to wash the dishes. Even whose when you are trying to clean dishes that is covered in oil. You will prolly need to add more dish washing detergent and wash a plate/serving dish 2-3 times in order to get rid of the stain and that icky texture. Since there are maids at my mom's house and because I'm such a spoilt bratty princess, I leave the dish washing chores to the maids when I get the chance to do so (unless they are like super busy with catering). Well, since my in laws do not have maids, I will have to wash the dishes over at their place. They use Glo's dish washing liquid which has lime if i'm not mistaken. It is stated on the bottle that it was supposed to help remove the smell. Honestly, I doubt it really works because the icky smell is still there when we do the dishes. My sister in law, Kak Ida and I will always soak and rinse the oily dishes with hot water before washing them. Now, just last weekend, I tried Melaleuca's Lemon Brite and I must say that I am very impressed with the result! With just a tiny winie drop, I could wash a few dishes (2 of them were very oily) and the icky smell/texture wasn't there! Also, my hands weren't wrinkled and irritated after washing the dishes. Wohoo! Finally! I found something that works for me. Sorry Glo, Sunlight and Axion, I shall bid farewell. Really, this product is highly recommended.
Lemon Brite® Hand Dishwashing LiquidNormal Price: RM 23.00
Preferred Customer/Member 's Price: RM 15.00
Here are more details of the product from Melaleuca's official website:

Anyone who has ever stood at the sink washing a stack of dishes knows the feeling of dry, cracked hands. That’s because the ingredients that typical dish soaps use to strip grease and dirt off dishes can also strip the natural oils and moisture from your skin. Next time, let Lemon Brite dishwashing liquid bring a natural sparkle to your dishes, and give your hands a break! Long-lasting suds help dissolve grease and grime, so your dishes sparkle.
Softens Hands While It Cleans
Other detergents contain chemicals that can dry out your hands, leaving them red and cracked. Lemon Brite contains naturally derived ingredients that work to dissolve grease quickly without irritating your skin, so your hands feel soft long after the dishes are done.
Earth-Smart Choice
Lemon Brite gives you superior dish-cleaning power and leaves dishes spotless without harsh chemicals. Its formula contains biodegradable ingredients, and even the bottle is recyclable.
Lemon Brite dishwashing liquid is part of the EcoSense family of cleaners. Created with super-concentrated formulas and biodegradable ingredients, EcoSense cleaners are the perfect combination of safety, performance, and value. From dishes and cabinets to floors and furniture, EcoSense gives you a cleaner, fresher home—without caustic chemicals, phosphates, or bleach. It’s the kind of care your home, your family, and the environment deserve. That’s clean without compromise. That’s EcoSense. 

There are also others who are happy with Lemon Brite's performance.
Here are a few blog reviews on Lemon Brite:
  1. Life of a Happy Mom: How I Keep My Kitchen Sponge From Smelling
  2. Changing the World with Melaleuca : Lemon Brite  
Feel free to contact me if you are interested. I can help you to purchase it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment