No matter how nice we try to put things, there is no denying that life is a battle. Everyday is a struggle.
However, with every struggle is a blessing. We are blessed to be alive and given the chance to make changes everyday.
People say, “live your life to the fullest”; I am here to do just that.
Hi, My name is Nadrah and this is my story.
I'm a daughter, a sister, a granddaughter, a cousin, a friend, a wife and a mother but most of all, I will always be a little girl at heart.
This blog is about my life and how I try to live it to the fullest while keeping it well balanced.

Thursday 15 November 2012

Pressure after marriage: The *P* word!

Pregnant?
Sorry.. I'm not pregnant..I may have gained some weight.

So 2 of my recently married cousins (who happens to be younger than me) and my sister are pregnant. Now, the questions are directed to me. Maybe not directly but it does put a pressure on me. For example, the other day when I was just about to get a massage, my mom asked the lady to check my stomach. WHAT?!!!!!!!!! Right now, I am just balancing marriage and trying to adopt a healthier lifestyle by eating healthy and going to the gym regularly. Even though I was happy with my slowly improving lifestyle, I do feel the pressure of not turning into those typical wives who after marriage, ends up getting fat, not taking care of themselves and thinks that an easy way out is the answer to everything. Sure, you can lose weight by controlling your food intake and visiting to those beauty parlors. However, the question here is will you be healthy? Without cardio vascular exercises, how is your heart going to stay strong? Without sufficient food, will your body have enough nutrient? Even worse if you start asking yourself, what is life without the joy of eating? Haha!!! That would be the worse nightmare for those who love food like me. Owh owh! What if you do not have sufficient funds to visit the beauty parlor, lose weight without exercising? Everything becomes SAGGY! Like literally! Sure, if you have the dough, you can get those expensive corsets. Corsets does help in figure shaping but your body will not look good without exercise. Don't you wish you've a nice figure with and without the corset? 

Candice Swanpoel

I mean look at the model above, her butt looks great even without corset. Of course, it is quite hard to get that sort of butt considering what it is not within our line of work. But still...If you have the chance to get that butt, wouldn't you want it? Trust me when I say that it doesn't come easy. These models really have to work hard for that figure. 

So really, if you ask me, I'm trying to keep a balance with things and have a little bit of here and there. It is not easy and takes time to adapt but I can say that I'm adjusting pretty well (I think). Don't get me wrong, I do miss some workout sessions especially when I am too tired with work and family activities but at least I can say that I am healthier. I piled up a few pounds after marriage but they are not those flabby bits. That is as much as I can say. I was highly motivated but my sister and my mom came up with remarks that pretty much brought me down... 

Well, that was until I had this conversation with Lai this morning...

Hamzah, Syaza Nadrah 9:23 AM
hmph!
i get so stressed up
when my mom and sis kept on telling me that there is not point going to the gym coz i'll end up fat either way
also my mom kept saying on how my visits to the gym will make it hard for me to conceive
and im not supposed to plan
but what if i want to relax first
?
Lai, Ther Chien 9:25 AM
just let them know that u are going to let it be
can conceive a not, biar tuhan tentukan
going gym so u stay attractive so ur hubby more semangat at night
so it is actually easier to conceive
haha
good reasoning

Haha!! Yes, Lai. That is indeed another way of putting things. But really.... I mean, shouldn't healthier people have healthier eggs? It's not like i'm exercising excessively. 

Thank you, Lai! You made my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment