No matter how nice we try to put things, there is no denying that life is a battle. Everyday is a struggle.
However, with every struggle is a blessing. We are blessed to be alive and given the chance to make changes everyday.
People say, “live your life to the fullest”; I am here to do just that.
Hi, My name is Nadrah and this is my story.
I'm a daughter, a sister, a granddaughter, a cousin, a friend, a wife and a mother but most of all, I will always be a little girl at heart.
This blog is about my life and how I try to live it to the fullest while keeping it well balanced.

Sunday 4 November 2012

Nestle's World Walking Day 2012

It has pretty much become a tradition for us to join a few walks a year as a group of friends in attempt to promote a healthier lifestyle. (Which is pretty much a good idea rather than just meeting up for drinks and gain calories). Of course some would say that might as well we just burn calories and not gain any. Well, what's important is moderation. That way, we get to enjoy life, right? LOL!

So anyway, back to the story.... Every year, Nestle will have a World Walking Day event that is organized in a few different states in Malaysia on the exact same day and the same time. Last year,  it was organized somewhere near the Putrajaya Lake where we walk along the lake and pass Pullman Resort. This year, they had in front of the Palace of Justice (exact same route as Avon's Breast Cancer Awareness Walk). Honestly, I prefer last year's venue and choice of samples given. Nonetheless, we still had fun! After all, it's the company that matters, right? A great way to spend quality time with friends.
Fresh faced Sri and I just before warming up.
Somewhere near the starting point.


 
Bhangra Dance Workout to Warm Up our Systems.
Tira and I.. We were pretty much ahead from the others as our determination to burn calories was more than others. (or rather we were fueled up with excitement of what's waiting for us at the finish line... Milo from the Lorry especially.... )
Sri and Farah
6,756 steps only helps to burn 274 calories which is equivalent to 2 curry puffs?!!! Gasp! *thinking of the times when I would eat 3-4 sardine puffs at one shot*
At the finishing line!


Both Tira and I took 2 cups of Milo... Believe me when I say, if we had 4 pairs of hands, we would have taken 8 cups! Milo from the Lorry is filled with awesomeness!
With my Milo... The sun was really bright... should have brought my sunshades... Unfortunately, I don't have one... *Hint Hint to Hubster*
Farah and Sri enjoying their Honeystars
Group Photo! This year we were joined by Farah's little sister and their friend, Mang Mang. Nice to meet the both of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment