No matter how nice we try to put things, there is no denying that life is a battle. Everyday is a struggle.
However, with every struggle is a blessing. We are blessed to be alive and given the chance to make changes everyday.
People say, “live your life to the fullest”; I am here to do just that.
Hi, My name is Nadrah and this is my story.
I'm a daughter, a sister, a granddaughter, a cousin, a friend, a wife and a mother but most of all, I will always be a little girl at heart.
This blog is about my life and how I try to live it to the fullest while keeping it well balanced.

Friday 3 January 2014

Meal Replacement

I am now a member of Shaklee. Why? Because I've been taking their supplements for breastfeeding purpose for 2 consecutive months and have just added a meal replacement in my list. Since I was already commited to getting them and helping my bestfriend to get her stock, I was like, why not? I've nothing to lose. 

Wait a minute... Meal Replacement?!!!!

I'm sure there are so many questions popping out in your head when you read the term "Meal Replacement".

"Is that wise? Since you are breastfeeding?"

"Are you going to starve yourself just to lose weight?"

Relax People! Chill! I've never believed in taking meal replacements for the sake of losing weight and that will never change.

With my newly added responsibility at work, I am now required to commit at least 50 hours a week. That really is not an easy task especially when I have the determination to keep breastfeeding (which requires constant milk extraction breaks), attend Toastmasters every Thursday during lunch hour and sacrifice more lunch breaks to hit the gym. With all that, it leaves me with almost no time to have a proper meal since I will always have to be on the go. Which is why I turn to meal replacements.

Skipping meals is a big NO-NO to me because:

  1. I am still breastfeeding so I NEED THE CALORIES.
  2. Skipping meals will only screw up your metabolic rate.
The reason why I chose Shaklee's Cinch Shake Meal Replacement is because:
  1. It is breastfeeding friendly (Safe to take when you are breastfeeding)
  2. Made of Nutritious natural ingredients for both the mother and the baby
  3. Affordable 
Picture taken from Google. 

If you search online for the benefits of the shake, here is what's written:

  • Provides the benefits of a meal, but tastes like dessert 
  • Powered by Leucine™ to preserve muscle while you lose weight 
  • 24 grams of non-GMO soy protein per serving**
  • High in fiber, with 6 grams per serving • Low glycemic to retain normal blood-sugar levels and sustain energy 
  • Delivers 35% or more of the Daily Value of 21 essential vitamins and minerals THE SOLUTION Cinch Shake Mix 
  • With Cinch® Pro, an exclusive blend of protein enhanced with the amino acid leucine 
  • Powered by Leucine™ to preserve muscle while you lose weight (Very Important so that you wont screw up your metabolic rate)
  •  Part of the clinically tested Cinch inch Loss Plan
  • • No artificial flavors, sweeteners, or colors
Kindly NOTE that I am ONLY taking the meal replacement when I DO NOT have the time to have a proper meal. 

I will keep updating on my findings when using the product. It will all be documented in my "Journey to get in Shape Post-Pregnancy" labels. 

Since I am now a member, I can help you get your Shaklee products. All you need to do is just holla me. I'll be more than happy to assist you. 

Readers, feel free to give feedbacks if you want to. There's this old chinese saying that "A wise man learns from his mistakes but a Wiser man learn from others' mistakes". I believe that knowledge is the key. If you have any information, feel free to share. I love exchanging ideas and knowledge. Knowledge is the key to everything. ;)

Here are some product reviews you can refer to:

  1. http://voices.yahoo.com/product-review-shaklee-cinch-shake-mix-196643.html
  2. http://soeasybeinggreen-blog.com/2012/07/looking-to-lose-weight-shaklees-cinch-program-may-be-your-answer-giveaway/
  3. http://www.shescribes.com/2012/01/shaklee-cinch-weight-loss-program-my-two-week-results-cinchspiration.html

No comments:

Post a Comment