No matter how nice we try to put things, there is no denying that life is a battle. Everyday is a struggle.
However, with every struggle is a blessing. We are blessed to be alive and given the chance to make changes everyday.
People say, “live your life to the fullest”; I am here to do just that.
Hi, My name is Nadrah and this is my story.
I'm a daughter, a sister, a granddaughter, a cousin, a friend, a wife and a mother but most of all, I will always be a little girl at heart.
This blog is about my life and how I try to live it to the fullest while keeping it well balanced.

Saturday 4 January 2014

Zumba on DVD

Being a new mom is really not an easy task. There is a lot of commitment such as child caring, milk extraction, wife duties and household chores. It would be almost impossible to find the time to workout, have a little self time and even take a good shower. Most women give up at looking presentable and getting in shape. Some even turn to taking supplements and starving themselves to shape up. That is well not my thing. So I did a little research online. I was very attracted with Kevin Zahri's site especially on the story of how a young mother got into shape. You can visit her blog at http://tiahakim.blogspot.com . She looks super amazing! It really is hard to believe that she is a mother of 1 who had a c-section in order to deliver her daughter. She is my new inspiration. Regardless how I can never be as hot as she it (lets face the fact, not everyone is blessed with such a pretty face), reading her story and looking at her pictures gets me motivated. 

Travelling to the gym can be time consuming. So, i opt to jog at the park near my house or follow a DVD program. As we all know, zumba is kinda like the in thing at the moment. It is a combination of south American types of dances for a good workout. It is so much fun that before you know it, you are moving every muscle in your body and burn calories. One of the DVD collection was sold over the net. The zumba home training workout kit retails at only RM169. If you are in lucky, you might find that they are on offer at group on for only RM 89. The set comes with 7 DVDs and a pair of zumba toning sticks. Along with the set is a manual that tells you which DVD to play for what level and also some healthy recipes. The best part is that there is a 10-days Fat Loss program which I am about to start next week. 

One of the most important thing is to really know what you are getting yourself into. Spend about a day for your research and planning and start the very next day. It is also important to know where you stand. In my case, I have not been activate for more than a year. So, I don't straight away jump into the fat loss program. On the 2nd of January, I started with the beginner's step by step routine and take a day off for my body to adjust. Then today, I did the Activation: Learn It routine. Sure, it is a little hectic having to sacrifice my sleep but the end result after working out a sweat is full of satisfaction. Endorphins does wonderful things to your body. ;)

I'll update more soon! Till next time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment