No matter how nice we try to put things, there is no denying that life is a battle. Everyday is a struggle.
However, with every struggle is a blessing. We are blessed to be alive and given the chance to make changes everyday.
People say, “live your life to the fullest”; I am here to do just that.
Hi, My name is Nadrah and this is my story.
I'm a daughter, a sister, a granddaughter, a cousin, a friend, a wife and a mother but most of all, I will always be a little girl at heart.
This blog is about my life and how I try to live it to the fullest while keeping it well balanced.

Thursday 16 January 2014

The Need of Calcium Especially for Women

I've been having this discomfort on my wrist. It is more towards the bone area. I told my colleague about it and found out that another colleague who breastfeeds is also facing the same problem. She was given some pain relief balm and gues what? Calcium tablets! Erk! Did I overlook something about calcium for breastfeeding mothers? I recalled having to eat calcium during pregnancy but I did not do the research for breastfeeding. So, I went on and google for calcium for breastfeeding mothers. Guess what I found on Babycenter?

The National Academy of Sciences recommends that women who are pregnant or breastfeeding consume 1,000 mg (milligrams) of calcium each day.

Erk!

And did you know that Asian have higher chance to get osteoporosis?

Gasp!

I went through Shaklee's supplement list and found OsteMatrix. So, i kept on reading. Sure, just like everyone else, I was wondering what makes it so special to be included as one of the supplements offered in the breastfeeding package. 

This is what i learned (taken from the official website):

Just calcium is not enough for your bone. Shaklee has designed exclusive OsteMatrix™ to include vitamin D, magnesium, zinc, copper, manganese and boron to build and maintain strong bones. Why is this matrix a comprehensive one?
  • Combination of three of the best sources of calcium: Calcium carbonate (highly concentrated), Calcium citrate (highly absorbable) and Calcium phosphate (providing 2 important minerals for calcium absorption)
  • Vitamin D is needed to absorb calcium.
  • Other nutrients in the matrix acts as binder for calcium to stick together to build strong bones
Now it is clear why just calcium is not enough, explore the Shaklee Difference:
  • 1,000 mg (100% DV) of elemental calcium from nature’s most concentrated and easily absorbed sources
  • 400 mg (100% DV) of magnesium to help incorporate calcium into bones and strengthen them
  • 400 IU (100% DV) of vitamin D to stimulate calcium absorption
  • Clinically proven absorption: consumption of two caplets results in increase in blood calcium measured over 12 hour period.
  • Calcium citrate prevents constipation caused by other form of calcium
  • Easy to swallow caplets
In addition to building strong bones and teeth, the nutrients in OsteoMatrix:
  • Help retain normal blood pressure
  • Assist in muscle contraction and nerve transmission
  • Help reduce PMS symptoms such as bloating, cramps, water retention, irritability, and moodiness
  • Sleep booster
Absolutely the most comprehensive supplement your bone needs.

Sounds good. Anyway, if you would like to get your hands on it, please do not hesitate to contact me ok! 


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment